dym speed squats

hmm, i would still replace weighted jump squats (even with small loads) with the hang powerclean for example. Technically easy (just jump-triple extend with straight arms, and drive under the bar with high elbows), yet providing the same benefits of jumps squats with an ever increasing load. (as your power increases) and pretty much easy on the joints. Just make sure you hit the proper position (from which you initiate the VJ motion), shoulders must be in front or over the bar, the hips flexed and the knees slightly flexed.! And don’t pause during the reversal

i think im gonna give ur speed squats a try this inseason, one day of maintance squats and the other day will be speed squats.

i dont think simply giving it a try will be beneficial it has to be an integrated and organized training means to have a truely positive effect. if you have access to one a tendo unit or v scope will help you in learning at what weight you produce peak power and when you should increase weight.

Yea your peak power comes around 60% in a box squat.

yea but with traiing that can vary greatly.

oh well guess its too bad, but i will still give it a try. thanks for ur help

UT,
Just wondering why you want to try them in season.

mainly the same reason montac menton, < load/recovery. my friend seems to like them during the season with heavy single 1 leg squats