Dan John's Tap Tester

What can you guys get for 2 seconds? I would think that might be a better indicator of firing speeds (if it actually is a good test of firing speeds) since you can’t really be consistent throughout ten seconds.

What the heck… I’m sleepy and I just got 80 on my first go without trying too hard. I think it varies from keyboard to keyboard. If you try to press too quickly on the space bar it doesn’t register as a tap.

Subjectively my CNS felt fried after yesterday’s heavy lower body workout.
Based on feel I would not have worked out today, but the TapTester said otherwise - I did an 80 and then an 85, 9 taps higher than before yesterday’s workout.
So I went to gym and what do you know I had a good workout and set PRs across the board!
Goes to show going by feel isn’t that accurate :slight_smile:

We now need some norms here…

It doesn’t matter how you compare vs others, its a tool where you can judge your own trends over time vs the training components and fatigue generated etc

Hmmmmm…after yesterdays heavy session im hitting 101, and i feel pretty tired, but when i felt fresh and good before my workout i was getting 93!

Think im gonna keep a note for a month and see if i can spot a trend…

Well as I mentioned above the tapper said my CNS had plenty of juice yesterday and I went to the gym warmed up and did a few light olys and they were flying and snappy, and then after did my regular upperbody workout and got PRs in every exercise I did! Workout was 2.5 hours long too - no problems.

Now today my CNS feels ok for some reason and I tapped out 83 on my first go just then :slight_smile:
Waking Heartrate was normal as well.

Hmm two 2-3 hour heavy workout days in a row - and my CNS cruising - who would have thunk :confused:

guess my work capacity is greater than I thought :slight_smile:

Pete, I have used a 2 second limit for two days now and get 18 as a best result.
Keep in mind I have only done it late at night with a nagging tootache, slightly elevated body temperature and a loose stomach. :eek:

I got 19 for 2 secs just then :slight_smile:

Cheating!!!

I have a fairly fast CNS, fast punches :smiley:

Agreed CoolColJ…good answer in itself!

Come to think of it, when playing games at the arcade I never where the one who could punch the buttons the fastest, rather I where the one who could manouevre the joystick the easiest.
Those where the days, dodging a screen full of bullets in a game of 1942…

10 sec: 72
2 sec: 16

I prefer Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox to test my CNS lol!

The keyboard definitely makes a difference. Some just don’t get registered.

just make sure you press it all the way down, I do :slight_smile:

Are you guys using alternate hands to tap or 1 hand. Interesting to compare L v R.

one hand, just my right, index finger

10sec: 122
2sec: 21

Alternating index & middle fingers. With 1 finger Im in the 80s.

Well I got 20 this morning with right hand for 2 secs :slight_smile:
85 for 10secs

CNS is fine I guess

But 19 for 2secs is my average, I hit that pretty much 95% of the time