Damn Cf

Not last year

im curious what signs you look for in overtraining? i know u list some in cfts.

The ones listed there and general lack of concentration, fidgeting and lack of improvement, weight loss, etc

its funny bc most people always have at least some of those signs listed in the book .

the speed workout went pretty good today, but have been feelin tired - sluggish during the day.

UT, i generally feel real tired the following day, tempo day. But if you do tempo right, most times i feel great the next day. If i do tempo too hard or not at all, i feel crap the next day still.
Eat plenty of good quality carbs too.

i mean tired as in sleepy. im not sure if i am overtraining r not.

Be careful. It’s always better to undertrain than overtrain and you want to stay on top of recovery. Are you doing hot/cold showers?

thats the feeling i get. real sleepy the following day. even with more sleep.
contrast showers ey? i havent tried, i ll give em a go next time i feel sleepy.

i think it could be a sign of overtraining.

Might be. You should be doing the hot/colds anyway!

Every day? Every shower?

Why not if it helps? (and it does)

im really confused bc thats the only sign i am having.

yeah, im thinking of recording blood pressure and heart rate and sleep patterns too. Might try to take them say morning and night at set times. See if it helps too?

You are likely to sleep more soundly after hot/cold therapy and that may help with the way you’re feeling generally.

no i dont do any hot/cold showers. the only things i do for recovery would ems, and my supp cocktails (all kind of goodies)

the running workout today was really easy, the only thing was the speeds wasnt high on the repeat 60’s.

thats it with that sort of repeat work, you can back off a touch in speed, and the workout becomes heaps easier.
was it windy though? was everything else the same, conditions wise? Were you just feeling tired? Why were they slower?

Also, damn, i tried contrast showers last night. I hate the cold in the best of conditions. Crikey, i thought i was going to have a heart attack!! I will endouver to do better next time. I lasted maybe 30-40sec in the cold water. I just could not hack it-coulndt breath (gasping), started to get closetphobic (spelling?).

i train on a great indoor track. wasnt fast bc today is fri.