Damn Cf

first day during the 12 week spp program, its not easy - alot different from the gpp program. the running a’s were killing my hammy. dont know why LACTATE stuff hurt me more then speed. gonna give my body three weeks to adjust.

apology accepted :smiley:

lol, the repeats 60’s bought back memories of fb conditioning workouts.

you see why I want to lower the volume just a tad bit

mind you, the repeat 60’s are easier on the nervous system and easier to recover from then ones with full recovery and full intensity.

yeh im find now, i just hate doing stuff like that, but its going to make me better.

ill keep u posted by i think i will be ok, i have my recovery protocol in place. :slight_smile:

how much rest are you taking inbetween each high knee rep? are you just doing walk back or are you waiting longer?

3mins rest

So, your also doing a new journal for the Spp1?

no sirrr…

the second workout of the week with repeat 60’s went better

second week of spp workouts the repeat 60’s were much easier today, but i am having a serious problem with keeping a lid on the speeds - my whole life i have been taught that if you want to be fast you have to train fast (all out). i think with these workouts, esp the first 6-7 weeks its ok for most of the runs to be in the 90-95% range and just work on being smooth and tech otherwise it could get really nasty.

Funny thing is. if you got them timed, you might find that they’re far faster than you think.
Smooth doesn’t equal slow.

your right i feel faster when i just go smooth instead of forcing and trying to go fast.

Usually football guys can tell better without a watch than track guys, cause, when they’re on a football field, they’re used to knowing where they on the field after a given time period. The NFL guys I worked with could tell right away when you made a difference for them.

i didnt know you worked with football players. maybe i need to make a trip to canada.

Some pretty fast ones too! (One caught the winning touchdown in the Superbowl.)
If you are serious about working here for a bit, you need to contact angela@charliefrancis.com to get the details (it’s not cheap)

Which superbowl, if you don’t mind me asking?

lol. i hope not last year