Critique my strength program plz

If your 3RM (i.e. the maximum weight you can lift for 3 reps) is 92k then if you lift a load of 92k then you are training at a RELATIVE intensity of 100%! I’m simply saying take a minimum of 5% off your repetition maximum for training purposes.

i.e. 5% of 92 = 4.6k
Maximum training load = 87.4k

YES!! :wink: :wink:

looks like he’s finally got it…:smiley:

Ok, now I need to know what is RELATIVE intensity and if I did chose a 6rm or a 2rm, why would I do it and when? What difference would it make? From your email, I assume it’s got something to do with Introductry progressive 1, progressive 2 and impact?

Almost Rob… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hassan - I’m close to a spot of self harming here!

Basically, you stay with the same rep number but decrease the ‘buffer’ with each week. This way weekly volume decreases only marginally whilst intensity increases. On the final session of the 4th week, test your repetition maximum and then adjust loads for the subsequent cycle. In the program I sent you I use 5 and 3 reps, but you could just as easily use 4 and 2.

Impact is the name given to a phase of higher intensity

Sorry David, lol, I have pulled most of my hair out. I think I get it. I need a bit more time. Just reading your article. I understand the concept that a 90% lift can sometimes be a 100% effort.

Right, I get the idea of calculating the buffer and hence the weight to be used. So to determine the number of reps, you said that the lower the reps, the higher the number of sets! So as I decrease the buffer%, the weight goes up and the number of sets increase because the number of reps decrease?

Sorry meant the number of sets

If you bench you must row, a matter of balance

So David W, what’s your deal with the Swiss Ball?

I’m not outright against Swiss ball work. I just don’t see it as the golden shrine to better performance. Indeed, I have been involved with many of the strongest men in the UK and not one used a Swiss ball!