Creatine in hot drinks

Alright guys? I was wondering with creatine is it okay to take it with a hot drink? I have heard something very anecdotally, can’t remember where, that the heat denatures (not sure if that is the appropriate term as it’s an not an enzyme) the creatine. Does anyone know anything about this. Normally I would take it with juice, but I ran out and if I take it with a slightly sweetened hot drink, I get the insulin spike, but then I might be worse of if it ‘denatures’ the creatine??

The main problem is the increase in breakdown into creatinine (a waste product in the body excrete in your urine). As long as you drink it soon after adding the hot water, it won’t matter… Don’t you think you’ll get enough of an insulin response from the juice?

Apologies! I have just done a search and found a small piece of information on that! I would get the insulin response from the juice I would guess, but my only option earlier was water as had run out of juice.

Somtimes I have mixed creatine in with my Tea…

The first Greenhaff studies on creatine were done by taking it with tea - so I wouldn’t worry about taking with a warm/hot drink…

What about having a protein shake hot?? Would the heat denature the proteins??? So the powder with hot milk???

Does it matter? From a strictly macronutrient standpoint a denatured protein is exactly the same. It contains the same amount of protein and amino acids wether it’s denatured or not.

isn’t there a study though that states it contains the same amount of aminos but the absorption and/or quality is most affected.