Clyde Hart on Training for the 400m

Yes he did do the morning runs right through the end of career. He was still doing them in 2001.

There was an infamous sitdown that took place between MJ and Coach Hart going into the 1990 season. MJ had run very fast throughout his college career, but couldn’t finish a season due to injuries. To his credit, Coach Hart listened and changed some of his plan. The one that’s out there all over the internet is the pre-1990 plan. It’s the one that all the distance geeks seem to like because there’s no speed in it at all. Additionally MJ ran very few open races that year.

What I find interesting about the latest article is that Coach Hart has continued to evolve the program. I think that it’s alot more complete now that it was 10-15 years back. Pretty impressive for a senior citizen coach.

Florida Clippers? Wilbur Ross? Where does that fit in MJ’s/Clyde Hart’s plan?

MJ could have made his book a lot better. Every five pages or so you get a random page of his training journal. Its hard to piece it all together. I wish he made it more about training and less about “I had the eye of the tiger so I ran fast” type of book! I still reference it every now and again for 400m type training.

[QUOTE=Journeyman]As found on this site:
http://www.nacactfca.org/articles/Hart-eng.htm

(Quote):
"Introduction:
The 400 meter dash is an endurance sprint incorporating the speed of the sprinter and the endurance of the half miler. It is considered by many to be one of the most demanding and grueling of competitive events. Usually the 400 meter runner will fall into two distinct categories‑‑sprinter types and half‑miler types. Both of these types have had their share of success over the years. Occasionally you will find an athlete who possesses some characteristics of both the sprinter and half miler…

QUOTE]

This looks exactly like Hart’s piece in the 2000 USATF Coaches Manual published by Human Kinetics. Surely some copyright infringement on the nacactfca side?

This looks exactly like Hart’s piece in the 2000 USATF Coaches Manual published by Human Kinetics. Surely some copyright infringement on the nacactfca side?

Writing myself, I can tell you that with the author and original editor approval an article can be reproduced interely.

So does approval for internal use allow for that content then to be used in the public domain, such as on a website?

Almost every story you have, and will, read on any forum has a copyright attached… in the internet age it’s basically been waived.

Interesting. I was paging trough the USATF Manual again the other day and realized it’s the same thing. It’s somewhat disapointing buying a book and realizing that you had most of it on your computer anyway. For free from the Internet.

It’s in the Track & Field Omnibook too.