Christophe Lemaitre 10.04..Can he break 10 sec ?

Lemaitre won the European Junior 100m in 10.04 (+0,2 m/s), …his time is now a european 100 Junior record…i wonder can he be the first white man under 10 sec…Ramil Guliyev who recently ran 10.08 20.04 was second in 10.16…i think and hope these two guys can go under 10sec

Well, with a healthier wind, he might have been able to do it in that race. So yes, he can, and should have many chances to do it again. We’ll just have to wait to see if he does.

That’s some pretty serious running for someone who really does still look like a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UInm-03VilE

Does anyone know anything about his training and progressions? PJ?

How long are his strides?!?!?

I got 42 strides

Just found a very windy 10.03 earlier this year- can you say neural patterning?

Charlie,

How many times can humans be patterned? Does it have a cummulative effect? running a wind aided 10.03, then a wind aided 9.95 etc over time. Is there a limit?

Surely you would have to run several times with the wind to groove a pattern strong enough?

Doesn’t seem so. I’ve seen it many times over the years.

Christophe was born in 11 June 1990.

PROGRESSION 60m indoor / 100m / 200m
2005 - 6.55i (50m) 11.46 / 24.12 / Long Jump 4.99
2006 - 7.52i / 10.96 / 22.05 / LJ 5.81 / High Jump 1.50
2007 - 6.96i / 10.53 / 21.08 / LJ 5.51 / HJ 1.62 / Shot Put 5kg 8.06
2008 - 6.73i / 10.26 / 20.83
2009 - 6.64i / 10.04 / 20.68

As you see he is a freak for sprints but can’t jump or throw. He trains 4 times a week, not much weights. At the European Team Champs last month he was reported to have run the last leg in 9.05 so we were seeing it to come.
He has been injured several times in the last couple of years at the adductor, limiting his number of competition in 200m which is believed to be his best race. However, he has improved his start this season, reducing reaction time, but his new start only works with fast starters. He is a calm guy with high confidence and a real competitor. Shortcomings in how to deal with his body while injured and his eating habbits. One of his trainign partners told me that the days before the 10.04, training focus was to reduce his stride length in the last part of the race, it is sometimes up to 3m long (!). I believe is muscular-tendon system is not strong enough to sustain his awsome neural output.
His next race will be in Castres on a fast track and usually good winds, so i think he can break the NR record (9.99) there.

Aug 6th should be good timing for his next big outing.

Castres is on 5 August :smiley:

He was supposed to be in the relay pool in Beijing. On the last relay training camp (actually a day training in south of france) a couple of weeks before the Games, his coach called the relay staff to explain that Christophe had an adductor problems, and to put him in 2nd or 4th leg but no bend at all cost. The relay coach said ok and put him in the first leg. Guess what happened. He tored his muscle and missed the Games (it was just one of the many feats accomplished by the French relay coach last year).

PJ
have you any idea what his lifts are like eg: Squat Clean or other training numbers like SLJ etc

Mostly body weight training, he doesn’t go under heavy bars as he started going to the gym this year, the tests you mention are not done by sprinters in France.

His long jump is shockingly low for someone that fast. 5.51m the same year as 10.53 is astounding. I had a kid jump 5.57m the same meet as 12.31.

:eek:

I bet he has some coordination issues or he was jogging because it’s impossible to jump 5.51 if you have 10.53 speed. With that kind of speed and no height at all, just by running off the board you have to get 6m.

Definitely, I see someone run 11.9-12.1 and jump over 6m consistently and doesnt do much jump training and no plyos/weights.

clean 50 kg