Boldwarrior's SPP1

Hey bold, i reckon your doing a great job staying motivated with your sore groin, hammies and getting crook now and then. Have you been taking your vitamins? Remember it is better to under train than to over train. recovery is essential, But I know you know this. Keep it up man

ur right it could be the weight training thats why i asked earlier in ur journal why not more weight training and more lower body core lifts.

was thinking, could be also, perhaps i am running the efforts way too fast?
i am supposed to be doing the intensity at 20m, then 30m, and by now 40m, yet, i have been doing them, speed wise, at 50m. the longer speed endurance i have been holding back, but the speed workouts, i have been doing too fast… Hence the drain.

Wed
tempo running, good strides, stretching out of the hammie
did 2 x 150m then sets off med ball throws against wall
repeat 6 times

could be but this has been going on some time now.

something i should have done before, look back over the journal. 3weeks ago, i was forced to run on grass, the uneven surface created the injured hammie, i get better, then cut my foot, i start to be able to run again, then a few days later, i loose my voice, it comes back, then i get a lingering flue, its not a hard flue, just a lingering one, but, the cut on the foot, could have easily contracted germs and hence a virus. Majority of times, i can look back and see the same sort of pattern. And here it is. Hence, i will keep the volumn low till the flue is completly gone, (its getting close), then start upping the volume, not all at once though. I was handling the volume before alright, but a few incidences outside the normal controlled situation caused the interruption. I dont think i will go to full volume, but maybe 80% and do more weights volume, which will be easy in 2-3 weeks as my gym arrives home.
I used the ems on muscle relaxation mode on the hammies last night, really cranked it up by the end, i could feel exactly where the hammie was feeling tight, it felt tons better by the end, by the end of 40min, the intensity was about double, due to the muscle loosening up and more musclle being able to be activated.

sounds like plan, most people seem to respond well to about 80% of the volume. so ur vol for the first week would look like this 620-480-620?

football, i would think, try, 3 x 60’s for 3 sets in the special endurance and 2 x (2 x 20E20F20E) for the speed. Try that, and work from there.
Important thing to try to remember, is, the Intensitiy limit, stick to that. Dont go flying fast reps for a few weeks, get the volume in 1st. Keep a lid on the intensity till the program says other wise. Work on relaxation and technique and getting the volume in.

Thurs.
storm ran through, so waited later to train.
2 x 30m high starts
2 x 30m 3point starts

6 x 20 easy 20fast 20 easy.

Didnt do any 60’s, as lower legs felt stiff, yet the hammies felt great.
By the last 20easy 20fast, the legs actually felt like they were twitching on the track, the feeling of ground contact left, a feeling of hip height was acheived and a feeling of twitching on the ground was acheived. Also, the legs felt like getting some proper knee lift, v’s the last 2weeks where tripple extension was good and knee lift was poor, now they both seemed to feel both there.
By the end of next week, i would be supprised if full, proper technique in all efforts is not acheived. Hence, decient speed will follow.

Weights
Forgot towel, generally, no towel, no gym, so i had to choose my exercises carefully, so i didnt get kicked out.
RDL’s, 60kg x 5
80kg x 5
100kg x 3
120kg x 3

One arm rows
30kg x 8
40kg x 6

Dips, (never done them before)

Sit ups, 300, different varietys.

what do u mean, i was giving u the volume for 80% of the work i am planning on using the full training bc i think i am strong enough to do so. u sound like u r overtraining big time

what i mean is if you cut just one rep off the 4 x 60’s your left with 3 x 60’s. simple.
its approx 80%.
If you plan on doing the full 100%, then why did you ask what the 1st wk of Spp volume would look like?? I have already done the 1st week… So i am confused with what you are asking :confused:

Fri.
purchased some new gym equipment.
Misses wanted a ellipitical trainer, it arives next wk sometime
we got a york rowing machine, boxing station, med ball with handles inbuilt and a set of compitition starting blocks to arrive in about 2weeks.
My weights should arrive in 2.5wks now.

Rowing machine 10mins
med ball workout 10min
boxing 5 mins
explosive med ball throws, roll back n throw and dive n chase, 6 x each
sit ups
10min stretching.

Will use tens machine on hammies tonight, and glutes or lower back.

to be real with you i wasnt sure what week you were in… the only thing i have been reading about is injuries etc. also the vol you gave is not 80% of total volume for that session.

sat
3 x 30m high start
3 x 30m low start

2 x 120m, 14min recovery

no axcess to weight, so
boxing training for 15min
speed ball and bag

Sunday,
strom came through in the arvo, no training

monday
planned for a tempo sesson, but didnt finninh work till 7pm!

warm up

200m - 25.2
5min rest
200m - 26.1
5min rest
200m - 26.3

Weights tonight.

easy jog, 20min approx, keeping heart rate down low between 140-150

speed ball and light bag (boxing)

med ball work (1/2hr for bags and med balls)

Tens machine on hammies.

so, i drive the half hr to the track, and, the schools are using it yet again. not the track in the main stadium, but the warm up track where you are only allowed to do your training. Why do the schools do carnivals in the warm up track and not in the stadium? the warm up track gets used every day, whereas the track in the stadium gets used only for meets. So that gives me two options, only to train late in the arvo’s from now on, as this has happened more than one occasion. or two, not train certain days due to haveing to look after the kids whilst training, which is ok, but its getting to be storm season here, mid day is good time to run, late afternoon is storm time. there were times last yr when it stormed like 10times out of 14days!!!

so, do i risk it and turn up to the track mid day? and if it is used, just go to the gym?
or do i risk it and run in the arvo and if it is storming, go to the gym?

p.s., storms here are pretty savage!

How long does storm season last?

We have 1 track with no warmup track.

normally only over summer time! And here they are already? But summer time, they were occuring often last summer, at least 1 per wk, you certainly would not be out in it.
thurs training
ended up just doing some weights
RDL’s
bench
seated rows
militry press
tri push downs
bicep curls
wrist twists
plenty of abbs

Its now 3.30am, my hunger pains that awoke me need more feasting! Its been a long time since Hunger awoke me!

That’s why I reckon there in winter, here in summer :smiley:

So they could be there January? :o

I would be supprised if the storms are not… but hey, if your here, you wont be working, so, you might as well plan to when in the lunch break!! Also, if your not running, storms are real cool to sit down someplace safe and just watch, beats watching any TV show.

warm up - hot day too, nearing 30degrees C. very windy - cross winds and head winds in the 200.

2 x high starts - 10m - video camera time, 1.92s

2 x 30m low starts - 30m - 4.4s

1 x 60m 7.64 - last 15m was much faster (pb velocity (10m /sec)after a very poor 10m-30m (no sprint position), ok start without blocks

1 x 200m, head wind the whole way… Was a hard way of doing a 200, It felt like i was running up a hill!!!

1 x 40m Askips

5hrs later
heavy/hard reps on med balls - push ups with ball, high overhead throws, fast chest passes, around bodys, explosive ball throws, lunges. Warm up on boxing bag for 3mins.

500 varous sit ups.

3hrs later
EMS on Quads, hammies, glutes. 10sec on 50sec off. for 10.