Ben's squating with 495

Check 2:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-K5An8qf1Q&feature=related

wow thats pretty impressive to actually see a video of a guy that small with that type of strength! Beast!

What was Ben’s body fat in this video??

not that impressive in comparison to what he could do with charlie…this is from when he was far beyond his prime. I think his weight was close to 190 there.

Huh?

And why do you think he was lifting so much more with Charlie?

Why would this impress anyone? i don’t get it.

Because he squatted 600 for 6 reps.

He’s 10 years past his prime there.

Whatever “that” was in the video, it wasn’t a squat.

My back is hurting…

I saw same kind of squating in the picture from 1987. He used bench like here and had a spoter behind him…

I have been using a similar squat using a smith machine that way the spotter can stand on the side. I am the one who has had a back operation and it doesn’t hurt.

Yes, you have to do what is safe for YOU at the strength level your at NOW. Good work

Why wasnt it?

prime ending at 1988? this video was 1998? wow so long ago…

SICK!!! I knew guys who could not even do that who were at least 240lbs with 15 plus years in the gym!!!

Exactly.:cool:

You guys are silly, he’s doing 495 on a high box and bouncing. The 2x6x600 he did with CF is more impressive.

Its a squat. His muscles did the work as well… yes its not strict powerlifting competition squat technique…but it’s still a squat.

Please, do not even give it that much credit. At no time was it within 8-10" of reaching parallel, under any sort of control, it was dramatically bounced, etc. It was completely unsafe at best.

Charlie is a smart coach and I doubt he’d have his athletes do something that incredibly dangerous and short sighted. As he already said, past his prime. Hopefully, he wasn’t squatting like this way back when.

The fact you need to ask this makes me think you should take a remedial weightlifting course.