Autoregulatory training-have u done it and how do u explain it

hey whats up i heard about this type of training heard that its much better then other types of training. Espically for vert could you please explain to me about it and also when i do GHR should that be a exercies u use a decent amount of weight like im at 4x8 at 30lb plate. Well lemme know thanx.

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand the question. Are you talking about Learned Self Regulation techniques, for relaxation?

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about some of the terms DB Hammer uses.

If you’re doing glute-hams with 30 pounds of extra resistance you are probably doing the exercise wrong or on a poorly built machine. A GHR on a machine should be difficult to do the first time. As for auto-regulatory training. I feel it is inferior to instinctual training and using common sense for progression.

o this is def not my first time on ghrs i am using a machine by elite fts and at first i couldnt use anyweight so u dont think dbs methods are really all that differnt

poeple get too hung up on db’s language. and NO db’s methods are not that unique. If people could ever get passed his writing style they would realize this

That and the fact that his identity isn’t known :rolleyes:

I dont know 101, I think that AREG is pretty original and has huge possibilities if you mess around with it enough…

Kelly Baggett noticed that he had been unknowingly adding 2 days to his recovery before he started monitoring fatigue…

Personally I think that if you used fatigue inducement along with other factors, sleep performance, vertical leap, the dan john tapper test etc, and charted progress one could defintely identify some patterns that may help training…

It wouldnt ever replace a coach but would be an excellent way for a beginner with no access to a coach to have the next best thing… a system which is reacts to the individual while teaching the athlete some very important pattern recognition…

Autoregulatory training has been discussed in various forms over the years (WSB’s cybernetic periodization), I even believe that supertraining discusses AREG, although not specifically how DB uses it. All his other methods have also been around for a while too. DB just packaged it neatly for us to use. I like what he has to offer, and you can learn from everyone.

I was just saying that the information was always there. He didn’t invent anything. Plus people get hung up on his use of the word friction where cross bridge formation would be more accurate, etc, etc, etc…

In fact I have experimented with his methods and had good results. I have found his fatigue prescriptions pretty dead on (on a side, he wouldn’t prescribe a 6% drop for a sprinter).

One thing that DB’s work has opened my eyes to is recording much more detailed training journals to identify such individual tendencies.