Athletes Performance- Jonathan Stewart

Nobody has hit 40 yet either, there were a lot more people hitting 40 last year. Maybe when the LB’s and DB’s show up we’ll see some 40+ verticals.

you are worst then twhite the combine and workouts just started, what if jammal come out and run 4.20 at ut proday or we have 10 lb and 10 db who jump 42+.

chris johnson ran a 10.6 in hs, im wondering what you guys think some of these athletes could run in the 60m?

this is a d3 kid that i thought would run much faster but once again guess the added weight didnt help…

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/pierre-garcon?id=2346

Looks like he’s been around a 10.9 guy the past 2 yrs. Did hit I think mid 10.6 once, so I dont know if that time is that terrible.

oh i didnt know i was going by his champ game and texas vs nation game, i also heard he ran 6.3-6.4 55m. do you think you can est 40yd times based on 55-60m times?

Whats the problem? You been training Jamaal or something? The fact is that he doesn’t have an exceptional first step which led to a slower 40 than you predicted, I predicted 4.37-4.39 and was right on. He’s a tremendous football player, no question about that.

if i remember correctly i didnt predict a time for jammal but said if he ran on a mondo track like usc guys he could probably hit 4.2 bc he is faster then reggie. ur boy mario just ran a 4.59.

NO first step- give me break!!

Positives: Smooth, well proportioned athlete. … Good quickness off the snap. … Reads blocks well and knows when to explode into the line and when to exercise patience and allow the blocks to develop. … Elusive in the open field. … Good start and stop and lateral agility to make defenders miss. … Natural runner who flashes the stiff-arm, spin and forward lean to consistently gain extra yardage after contact. … Best attribute is pure, unadulterated speed.Rare acceleration to burst through the defense and breakaway. … Averaged 20.1 yards on his 34 career TDs, including 35.7 on TD receptions. … Has relatively fresh legs after only emerging as the full-time starter as a junior. … At least adequate route-running and hands out of the backfield. … Four-time All-American in track. … Personal best 10.26 seconds in the 100-meter dash in winning the Big 12 title as a freshman

Didn’t Priest Holmes run like a 4.7 something, but I guess he wasn’t topflight though.

yeh right he wasnt a top flight back like a AD or LT was coming out thats an easy one. thats why i wouldnt take dmack in the top ten bc hes not an every down back and if your not every down back u cant go within the top 10 aka reggie bush, same goes for speed i cant take a back in the top 10 that runs 4.6 too much risk and too much money.

mario speed coach should be fired, he just ran 4.6 with shitty start tech.

Another U of M combine tragedy

Long did pretty well(trained at API) though.

Last years bad performer of the class was Prescott Burgess who opted to train with some group out of Chicago that many had, apparently, never heard of. I think he ran in the 4.8 range while Harris ran 4.59 from Parisi, Hall and Breaston ran 4.39/4.41 respectively after working with API.

The further UM gets from the Gittleson days, the better.

i wasnt a big mario fan bc he just didnt looked fast on the field.

So he was rivals #45 coming out of high school.

Now he is going to go in the draft somewhere around there coming out a year earlier, how is that a tragedy?

Yes his 40 sucked hard core, but someones still going to take him in the 2nd round.

shyt anything is a upgrade from what they been during at u of m, wish i could work with mario for one week bc he lost soo much off his stance and start.

your right but i think hes saying for an athlete of his ability level he still has a lot in the tank.

Nay, same old same old, depends on the timing. And from being a notoriously terrible finisher in the 55 myself back in college I could say that it is totally possible to have pretty big fluxuations. Great reaction times can get you a long way in the 55 and poor timers can get you just as in the 40.

If your using electronic in both you can probably get within I would say .05 or so if your using the exact same measurements.

so for a athlete running 6.4’s 55m what would you think his combine 40yd time would be. ill say 4.3 range.

Yea I’d say thats fair, I’d probably go upper 4.3’s maybe low 4.4. But thats just off hand, didn’t really think it through too much.