Athletes Performance- Jonathan Stewart

i agree man the vj are much lower this yr esp for the top end guys, jammal charlies 32+ dmack 33 johnson 35 not good.

I was watching the live coverage and some shorter dude jumped (RB I believe). Announcers are like “WOW…that’s a great jump!” They replayed the jump in slo-mo. Then the loudspeaker at the facility comes on “that’s 10 feet 2 inches”. Turned out to be 32" for the guy :smiley:

yep, u r talking about wv rb steve and ill rb rashard, i was surprise when they said 10’3.

The RB’s had a great workout in my opinion, much better than the WR’s. Great numbers in the broad jump. McFadden really did well today and looked really good in the 40. He was training with MJ in McKinney prior to the combine.

yeh he looked really relaxed in the 40yd but his vj was shitty. im sure mj didnt have him doing any squats.

What was the vert? Most of the VJ look pretty low in comparison to recent years, did they change any of the test protocol?

When I first heard that he was training with MJ for the combine I was skeptical. It doesn’t seem like the 40 would be MJ’s expertise.

i believe 33in, mj worked with some combine guys yrs ago down in fl.

They taught him the ropes?

I’ll tell you what, I am impressed by Perfect Competition down in Miami. Every year their athletes turn out some unexpected performances, Devin Thomas wasn’t supposed to run any faster than 4.5 but he turned in a 4.32 unofficial.

http://www.perfectcompetition.us/Default.htm

I was watching ESPN earlier and they were comparing McFadden’s workout to Adrian Peterson’s workout last year. They actually believed McFadden’s was better. :confused: What do you guys think?

better how?

football player: NO
workout: NO

His 40 was faster and his BJ was a little longer I think. AP had a higher vert and weighed in heavier. I don’t know about the position drills.

also AD did all of this under pressure and no sleep bc he had a death in his family that nite.

Agreed, AP is a phenom. Could be one of the best of all time when all is said and done.

so do you think dmack will have more of AD impact or reggie bush?

I think the tendency for whatever reason is to discredit him. Most people think that he can’t be an every down back. However at Arkansas he more than carried the load against top notch SEC defenses. I see him being similar to AP but without the mean streak and ability to get yards after contact. He’s a special athlete.

no he didnt carry the load at arkansas and when he was ask to the team lost, hes gonna need help at the next level. AD isnt an every down back.

When I say every down back I mean 20-25 carries a game. I’m just saying that he performed at an extremely high level against some of the best defenses and athletes in the country week in and week out. I don’t see any reason why he won’t be successful in the league.

See if you can find out any information on what they are doing down at Perfect Competition. From what I’ve seen they use sleds for acceleration and focus on strength and power.

thats what i thought after seeing them using chains etc.