Athletes Performance- Jonathan Stewart

Bc hes smooth Jammal, ED didnt look fast either but you couldnt catch him.

So i guess jammal cant acc. :slight_smile:

If you the nfl would have tested jammal 40yd last yr at this time he would have ran 4.2-4.1 bc his speed was more complete, shyt dmack top end speed was better at the combine.

Why do you think that Malcolm Kelly has decided to wait until April to run his 40?

hes not confident in his speed.:slight_smile:

Do you know if Sweed worked with Mad Dog for the Pro Day? What is your opinion of Mad Dog by the way?

Shitty, if mad dog wasnt there texas would have 3-4 national champ. any coach who has there athletes do curls then pc and squats is shitty.

That is unacceptable. Big John is better than him.

Yeh big john is better dont get it twisted even though big john worked for him at unc he is very diff from mad dog. the year ut won the national champ mad dog let one of his asst design the offseason workouts.

Last summer Big John did the very same, and it wound up being a disaster. Odell was an assistant SC coach last year.

What are you talking about, doing what disaster what?

Big John let his assistants design the workouts, as a result Baylor’s season was a disaster. I wouldn’t blame it on the SC that much though.

The SC wasnt the problem at baylor its the talent we need to except the fact that baylor will never be a power house in the big 12.

You can’t say that. Things are better now that Briles is the coach. He has success WHEREVER he goes. Now I’m not saying that they are going to automatically win a National Championship next season, but each year he coaches Baylor will get better every year.

Blah Blah, ill believe it when i see it. baylor has zero talent and never will get the top talent in the state of texas.

i may be wrong but i thought dmac bp 380-400 but his proday he only did 13reps. :confused:

Shout out to James Smith for during a great job training his combine athletes. :cool:

WHATS UP WITH YOUR BOY TWHITE?

NORMAN, Okla. – Wide receiver Malcolm Kelly lashed out at Oklahoma on Wednesday after a disappointing performance in a 40-yard dash in front of NFL scouts.

Kelly sounds off

“This is my life. You know what I’m saying? This ain’t no school. This ain’t no classroom. This ain’t got nothing to do with that. This has to do with me; my family. This is what I do. I play football. And I’m supposed to come out here and run as fast as I can.”
Kelly, who left Oklahoma after his junior season, blamed his slow time of 4.68 seconds on an unexpected change in surfaces at his pro day.

“This is my life. You know what I’m saying? This ain’t no school. This ain’t no classroom. This ain’t got nothing to do with that,” Kelly said. “This has to do with me; my family. This is what I do. I play football. And I’m supposed to come out here and run as fast as I can.”

Kelly skipped Oklahoma’s original pro timing day last month while recuperating from a tear in his quadriceps, and said he had arranged with Oklahoma strength coach Jerry Schmidt to run on the Astroturf infield at the indoor track.

He said he was surprised when he arrived and found out he’d instead be running on the artificial turf inside the Sooners’ indoor football facility.

“I already had everything set up for where I want to do it at,” Kelly said. “I get out here and it’s a whole different deal.”

Kelly said he recently ran 40-yard dashes in 4.5 and 4.47 seconds on a firmer surface in Atlanta, where he has been training. The slower time could drop the draft stock for Kelly, who had been projected as a possible first-round pick in the April 26 draft.

“People want to say surface is surface, but it’s a lot more to it than that,” Kelly said. "You have to think about how much ground time you have running on this mushy surface here and how much ground time you have on Astroturf.

“Just a little bit of time could mean a whole lot of draft money.”

Schmidt said he NFL scouts preferred Kelly run on the softer surface because “this is the surface that they run on” and that scouts could add fractions of a second to a 40-yard dash time if they perceive a track to be too fast.

“I told Malcolm it’s up to him, wherever he wants to run,” Schmidt said.

Kelly’s agent, Chad Speck, said the surface was the slowest track that Kelly could have run on and suggested it could have cost him as much as two-tenths of a second.

“When it’s a spongy surface and your foot sinks and is on the ground as long as it is on that surface, it’s just going to correlate to a slow 40 time,” Speck said.

Speck said Kelly had specially fit shoes designed to run on the other surface, but it wouldn’t have been wise for him to refuse to workout despite the change in conditions.

“He’s really only had about three to four weeks to get ready for this day, and for that short amount of time, every day was critical,” Speck said. “He had prepared exactly for what was going to be done – what surface it was going to be on, what shoes he was going to wear, everything.”

Speck said Kelly’s performance in other drills was competitive if not better than other top receivers, even if it wasn’t up to his usual standards. He also pointed out that some scouts had Kelly clocked faster than the time that was officially recorded.

Speck said Kelly was visiting the Cincinnati Bengals on Wednesday afternoon and also intended to meet with the Minnesota Vikings, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers and Washington Redskins. He said Kelly would be willing to run for any team if they wanted to time him again.

Kelly also criticized Oklahoma’s medical staff, which initially diagnosed him with a deep thigh bruise instead of the partially torn quadriceps. He played only one series in the Fiesta Bowl because of the injury.

“I was told by the staff I had a thigh bruise,” Kelly said. “I told them it felt a lot worse than that.”

Well that’s a shame and likely represents a loss of millions of dollars. He should have made sure that he would run on the astroturf and refuse to waver on it. I know that some FieldTurf, like ours, is noticeably slower and you can really feel your foot sinking in with every stride.

On the other hand, one could look at his preparation and see that it wasn’t optimal with all the bungees, foot ladders, etc.

This doesn’t mean a think about his ability to excel at the next level. It does, however, mean that his bank account won’t be nearly as full come contract time.

WHICH CAMP DID HE WORK WIT

Chip Smith

I must admit that when I look at the results there is a huge disparity with the 40 times compared to the other tests. It is really strange that Reggie Smith jumped nearly 40 in and 11’, yet could only muster a 4.6 himself. If I were Kelly I would have run on the astroturf even if they threatened to add a tenth. Running 4.5 on turf looks a lot better than a 4.7 on FieldTurf, no matter if they do decide to add time. From now until the draft people will be talking about his speed issue. Apparently he also feels very wronged by OU’s staff throughout the process. Unfortunate day for him to say the least.