analyse this

you clicked on the thumbnail link on the top. Go to the next section down for Hotlink for forums :slight_smile:

I can see your point on this, but then again he could do the same maintaining some good form throughout the race. I agree with PJ on bad habits ingrained over time. Also, I think that as a person he just seems to lack concentration at times during a race and especially during the last metres -the two may inter-relate, of course.

But then again he sure knows now whatā€™s itā€™s expected of him on the next big occasionā€¦ Hence, we waitā€¦ :slight_smile:

PS KitKat, come on, you can do it! :o

we have created a monster in KK with his picsā€¦

compare to this pre 2000 pic of shirvoā€¦

when he gets closer to the finish line will that make him bigger?

Are you refering to runs in practice?

I think it refers more to the fact about running faster when relaxed - ie fast floating. Simply happens because you arent tightening up. Look at Asafa in his WR run, he was pushing it hard that last 20m, looked very tight. Could he have gone faster had he been more relaxed (not to the extent he has in every of his last 5-6 runs)?

YES. :smiley:

Kitkat is going to become a problem now with these imagines. :smiley:

I always thought PJ technique was different between his 100m and 200m.

I donā€™t know if Asafa is a good comparsion especially from CWG, purely because he was running .3 off his best while the others where closer or above the best.

I can remember seeing a picture of Maurice running and his face and shoulder where tense as well.

In this picture would I be right in thinking that Fasuba is executing what Charlie mentions in GPP dvd about the foot landing in front of the other? (a straight line) Is that what the foot would look like when doing that?

Iā€™m not sure as to how much of the twisting foot is impacting the length of time on the ground. But I can say that is a clear indication of some muslces imbalances that may lead to injury if not addressedā€¦dominant external rotators, tight hip flexors (to nama a few)ā€¦the twist will definitely impact the quality of hip extension. If you have 4* hamstrings why not use all them :o .

Whatā€™s the rationale behind running with the shoulders slumped forward like many aussies (and a lot of europeans) do?

Hey Randy

i have pages and pages of what Patrick used to to given to me by his former coachā€¦

given his late arrival to the sport of athletics his coach programmed in an credible amount of hip flexor work in the gymā€¦ which would lead to a tightening of the hips as you mentionā€¦

as for now i am not sure what his new coach has prescribed for him but im sure at his advancing age he will find it very hard to fixā€¦

i am sure i have a video file i will edit and post here if i can find itā€¦

Is his coach still Essa Petola (spelling?) :rolleyes:

Thanks

Think heā€™s with Tudor Bidder, a former UKA high performance manager out of Wales (ex Malcolm Arnold hurdles protege) at the Australian sports institute. Esa works for Aspire in Dohahaha

I know at one stage he was doing a lot of hip flexor work and a lot of gym work full stop.

I have a .gif of him doing block starts in the gym with Esa!

He also used to do big heavy leg press. Also, from memory, simulated running in the gym with that hip/glut machine (?). (people also use it for adductor and abductor work) - he did one leg at a time, for a set period - ie 30sec, swap legs, 30 sec rest - did that in reps. very tiring on the hip flexors etcā€¦

This was just before he ran his 9.93sā€¦

Interesting as I believe he was with Essa during his 9.93s days. Essa was from the Bosco school of thought. Iā€™ve had the opportunity to meet him and listen to him speak about 5 or 6 yrs ago. I do recall them using alot of short recovery 60 & 80s (ie., 3 to 4 X 4 X 60 or 80m). Anyways, it made for some good note taking :o ā€¦how long has he been with Mr. Tudor Bidder.?

Thanks

The main difference Iā€™v seen between P. Johnson 10.20 vs. 9.93 is his start.

It wasnā€™t even a matter of him getting a slow start in the CG final, he got left behind.

Check out his back leg in set. Itā€™s practically straight.

What is the Bosco School of thought?!

Boscoā€¦maybe Carmelo Bosco, the famous italian physiologist .
About his school?
I tell very quiclky some of his points

• Working always over a power threshold, and when your power is less than this threshold,stop training.This applyes not only for power speed,but also for strength and hypertrophy training(with difference values).
    -Ok plyometric,even if he was suggesting the Bosco-Pittera variant in the drop jumps (in the eccentric portion,land with bent knee and try to maintain the knee angle without yielding in a deeper squat)
    -He was experimenting about supergravity (and also vibration) training.
    -Great attention on working the speed-strength at about 50% of your 1RM.
  • because the ems bypasses the cns,then he couldnā€™t lead ti strength improvementsā€¦

He did great things and had very nice intuitionsā€¦but he was a physiologist,not a coach nor strenght coach and so on.

Good illustration of frontside mechanics moments before contact. Triple extension appears in place already, so Asafa Powell at this stage of his 100m race looks like heā€™s just going to skim the track. How relaxed does he lookā€¦