Acute groin injury

Hey guys,

I just finished my second football game yesterday. At the end of the game, I thought everything was fine, went through my regular post game stretch with just a little tightness in the my left hip flexor. However, when I woke up this morning to do my recovery work out (2x5x100 tempo, followed by 2x180 sledgehammer), I literally fell out of bed because my left groin was soooo tight and sore. It seems to be only one muscle (one strand of tissue), proximal right by my willy and heading 45 degrees down for about 4-5 inches, to the left leg. Also, there are two little nodules under the skin at the distal end. Since there didn’t seem to be any swelling, I did a sequence of 15 hot water bottle, followed by very light stretching, followed by 10 minutes of ice. I did this 3 times today. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Dainon

Primo is correct. I didn’t do that work out yesterday. I was able to do it, pain free (although slower then usual), today.

it might be the “sledgehammer gpp” from

www.renegadetraining.com

Please describe the sledgehammer exercise.

“ONE STRAND OF TISSUE, 4-5 INCHES, TWO LITTLE NODULES…ON THE…END” NO SIGN OF SWELLING…FIRST MY wife COMPLAINS THEN you THROW OUT DEROGATORY REMARKS ABOUT MY GENTILES:baddevil:::D;)…
SERIOUSLY, THOUGH, I’VE HAD SIMILAR PULLS, the sequencing of stress, pain, the extreme focus of the pain…time, ice, and ‘kid glove’ treatment…don’t let it become something you ALWAYS have to deal with.