About Michigan's new S & C coach

The thing we are all on here to do is to learn from each other and Charlie. I have had the luxury of being in both Ian King and Charlies prescence many times. Both are brilliant, and are managers of the training process. If crap training is okay, then why do so many pro’s pay the fine to train with great prep coaches? I guarantee if you put James Smith at Michigan, they would still win, but 1)injuries would go down, 2) you wouldn’t scare off players who don’t want to be abused, 3) I propose that your athletes would perform better.

Great game by mich.

It was a good game by mich but State prevailed!

Michigan’s defense has been having a rough time all season. That last run kinda summed things up

Also…state Ol had an edge over wolverines dline…great game btw…

Michigan got tooled in every facet of the game for 56 mins. Tate Forcier almost created another miracle. Michigan can score but their defense is horrible. They have given up over 400 yds per game in every game except WMU. Until they can stop someone, they are going to lose games. If not for Tate, they would be 2-4. I see improvements at QB only. 28 yds rushing you will lose 90% of games. Championships are won playing D and having a strong running game. Pass happy teams rarely win big games. Lot’s of things to fix. I like Michigan football offensively with Tate. That’s one poised kid.

The best thing about the defense this year is that they have not given up as many big plays this year but they are definitely a couple of steps behind the offense. They are still getting gashed for way too many yards. I’d like them to go back to more 4 man fronts. I think Van Bergen is much more effective when in space and I think Graham would be able to run free quite a bit more. Sagesse and Campbell have played well, I feel, when they have gotten on the field.

The defensive recruiting has been behind that of the offense for more than a few years now. I like Robinson as the DC but Gibson is very suspect as a db coach and I’m wondering if the problem with the lb’s is Hopson and/or the recruiting. Guys like Ezeh and Mouton seemed to have regressed and Demens and JB Fitzgerald have not emerged at all. The two lb spots that have been bright spots have been reclaimation project Stevie Brown and freshman Craig Roh. Brown seems to have found a home after being most UM fans’ goat at safety for three years. These two are coached by Robinson while OE and Mouton are coached by Hopson. Recruiting of the lb’s has been pretty weak, though, in my opinion.

As inconsistent as Cissoko has been, to be fair he’s been injured and now they move Woolfolk back to cb since they don’t, apparently, feel that Floyd is not the immediate (nor possibly long term?) answer there. I really thought Justin Turner would have been used by now but they don’t want to burn his redshirt.
To be sure, and I say this as UM fan, the 4-1 record is a bit misleading as Tate has been responsible for, just as you say, at least two wins.

They should get tested, again, tonight against Iowa. Carlos Brown is out but supposedly Minor is now back close to full strength.

Where is the crazy speed workout you guys posted about barwis?