A question on rythm.

Today, for the first time ever, I ran a curve, actually only half a curve, and found that I ran, and had to run, with a very steady rythm right from the start.
Now, the interesting thing is that when later I ran a 60 I found I had the most consistent and easiest to hold rythm ever, and ended up just listening to the sound of my feet striking the ground.

Did the fact that running the curve demand, or create, a very consistent rythm transfer over to that last run do you think?
This may seem obvious to the more experienced.

I feel that you always seem faster when you run a straightaway after a curve because when you run the curve your body is unconsciously turning and when your run a straigh away your body doesn’t need to so that and is free to run naturally straight ahead.

I know what you mean, but this was more a question of rythm than actual speed, although I felt, and probably was, faster when running the straight only.

I ususally get that feel of rhythm change coming out of the curve in the 200m down the straight. Never knew why. But I always guessed that its because of the change in forces. instead of having components to overcome centrapital forces. They are all headed in one straight line. I just guessed

Yea cause have you ever noticed when you run the too when you run on the curve you can’t hear a thing and it is like you are in some kind of limbo portal and when you hit the straight away it all hits you liek a brick wall like you just woke up from being passed out. kinda cool feeling if you ask me.

I’ve felt similar things many times, in relation to rhythm transfering to other components of training. I think this has to do with one becoming a more advanced athlete then anything. You find a more efficient way to run and imprint it. For example I think that tempo runs and in particular long tempo runs (300m.) have helped me a lot with finding a rhythm which has been helping me a lot during SE2 runs lately … but the improved sense of rhythm and pace transfers to all training performed.

Having thought about it some more I believe relaxation had a lot to do with it, because being tall I had to ease off a bit at the end of the curve so as to not change lanes.

I guess I’m learning that longer, slightly sub-maximal runs are good for other things than just increasing your endurance.