3-1-3 all season?

Does the 3-1-3 then maintenance then again 3-1-3 go on and on and just keep repeating during the entire season. Does the rep, intensity and exercises stay the same (obviously weights change if you become stronger).

Thanks

Programming, with respect to chronology, is entirely dependent upon the planned yearly schedule.

For example: although the 3-1-3 works very well for intensification (eg max strength) phases, there will be certain phases of the yearly cycle in which one may still work in a max strength cycle, however, due to competition dates, may have to perform a 2-1 block.

Also, don’t forget about the GPP/accumulation phases, and how the length of GPP is shorter for athletes with higher levels of physical preparedness.

Thank you James.

I was refering to SPP / Pre Comp / Comp and not GPP. Do you tweak the 3-1-3 and maintenance as you progress through these 3 stages? What should you be doing when you are peaking?

Duwaan, yes, in my view, you may adjust the 3-1-3 throughout various stages based upon various considerations.

Incidentally, regarding the collegiate level, Charlie revised the former yearly plan, in the Vancouver notes, and the Pre comp phase was eliminated in favor of an extended SPP phase leading into the indoor season.

In regards to peaking, you would program the training so as to peak for the most important meets. Peaking is ultimately a result of experiencing supercompensation at the most opportune timing (eg the big meets). Accordingly, the goal is to ‘peak’ when it counts, and not too early or too late

some things might have to change, because competitions are there anyway and do not always fit with your plans…

choose competitions and peaks and work backwards with the best possible compromises and adjustments for each of the elements; not saying anything new here, i know, but that’s how i feel it is, anyway…

some things might have to change, because competitions are there anyway and do not always fit with your plans…

choose competitions and peaks and work backwards with the best possible compromises and adjustments for each of the elements; not saying anything new here, i know, but that’s how i feel it is, anyway…

try and be flexible!