20 and 40 times

what are some good 20 and 40 times?today i ran a 2.2 20 and tomorrow i’m running the 40 can anyone estimate what i will get?or whats a good time for a 16 year old

Yes, that’s a decent time for a flying 20 for a 16 year old. :rolleyes:

if that’s a 2.2 20m (or even 20 yd), that seems insanely fast…for anyone one. If you double that, it’d be a 4.4 40m…and your time would probably be closer to a 4.0 or something b/ of acceleration. but i don’t really know too much about these times…only that 2.2 is really quick.

wasn’t flying i came from a 3 point stance

its off then…was it hand timed?

by 5 different coaches all came between 2.2 flat and 2.31 and i went off a cadence

i guess since it was hand timed it means i’m slow oh well i just have more to work on

no one is saying your slow, just that is a very fast time to be from a still, down start, like faster than world class sprinters, thats all we’re saying.

Bahahaha… :stuck_out_tongue:

…I like it

Seriously, your 20m would be faster than WR, even if you calculate
0.6 for hand-timimg from first move of foot:

Montgomery’s Wolrd Record:

10m 1.85
20m 2.91
30m 3.82
40m 4.70
50m 5.54
60m 6.37
70m 7.21
80m 8.05
90m 8.90
100m 9.78

Are you sure you´re a human ?
I can´t believe this times from a "normal 16 y/o guy.

He’s talking about 20 yard isn’t he?

does it really matter? it seems like a realllly fast time either way…

Well if it was first step (.5) + reaction time (I guess ~.15-.2) to get to a FAT 20 yd. it might be more reasonable. Anyway, Blaze we’ll all be interested to hear what your 40 time is today (and whether it’s yards or meters) b/c you can usually get a more accurate reading on that and we can tell you better whether it’s a good time or not. Also try to find out exactly how your coaches are timing it (first step, first movement, etc.).

First step they go off of when your hips start moving

just ran 40 in 4.46

Was that electronically timed? If so good job.

You are still faster than WR…and would have a sub 4.00 40yd time…

holy shit man ur too damn fast (strong actually). i mean only now ur 20m times makes sense, though i cant really believe it. at that rate ur 60m is at 6.4x or maybe faster!! well done man. what base do u have? what sport do u do now? do u do any lifting?

holy shit man ur too damn fast (strong actually). i mean only now ur 20m times makes sense, though i cant really believe it. at that rate ur 60m is at 6.4x or maybe faster!! well done man. what base do u have? what sport do u do now? do u do any lifting?

40 YARDS!!! bro, not 40 meters. It was also probably timed with electronic gates, not FAT. Don’t get me wrong 4.46 is an impressive 40 time for a 16 year old, but it’s not superhuman.