1x20

https://www.usada.org/sanction/cody-bidlow-accepts-sanction/

https://trackandfieldnews.com/discussion/showthread.php?157805-Where-do-athletes-go-to-get-PEDs

lol!!! I can’t take it anymore… Professional sprinter… lol

worth noting perhaps that he was linked as being at Altis at the time :confused:

Be careful… Let’s keep it to the facts when dealing with drugs.

hahahahahah.

Well atleast he was smart enough to distance himself after and read up on charlie

You can google if you like.

However, in regards to the 1x20, I see no issue with it at all at this time of year, you’re 10 months out and your periodization should allow for a nice build with a few undulations of max strength in that time.

I’ve found the 1x20 in GPP helps in identifying and working any imbalances and if done correctly any physical movement dysfunction also. We use something similar for 3 to 4 weeks and will actually be commencing as of next week with myself and my squad.

I remember a saying – Sprinters who squat too much, run like they squat too much. So mixing your training up is not a bad thing at all.

What event and age group is your Toronto Target?

40-45 100

Id love to run the 200 and relay, but not staying for a week.

oh hard age group!

Some very good athletes in there, all I know are going to be making the trip.

I’m coming over for 18 days but only the m35 400 and relays (possibly the 200 if they adjust the timetable)

Do you have your periodization plan all done?

Unless you are in post season (active rest period) doing 20 reps is dumb. I took James Smith advice last year and kept my squats submax 50-80% and reps no higher than 6 and it worked great. This year I played around with sets of 10 reps and looking back I liked the results from 6 or less. At my age and ability level I have no use for 20 reps, I do welcome my competition to keep doing 20reps. I have raced against guys in the past and beaten them solely on my training being better. Stop the gimmicks and experimenting and get back to basics… Ask yourself this - would Charlie ever do 20 reps?

I recently heard about some of the bans to masters athletes. Sounds dumb - what if you are 60yrs old and on HRT.

Your number one goal is to not be sore for speed workouts and you are going to try something you have not done before and as RB34 said, why do this when you have WMA in less than a year now? He’s right.

Not yet, I plan to get on that this week. Because I want to hit the indoor and outdoor us champs also

Exactly and they act as if people are getting paid. I know alot of people on HRT. Its a quality of life issue. I could care less what they take, they still can get the bizness.
I think USATF is wasting money testing masters athletes.

I said the same thing - it’s a waste of resources to test masters athletes - use those funds to pay for our travel to national meets etc.

Well I have been doing this workout for the past 3 weeks and no doms. But I have ramped up my track work yet so it could come into play.
But I do plan to switch once im done with GPP

//youtu.be/WmeNpcTVbtE

At around 51:30 he mention he wouldn’t recommend all the tempo volume that Charlie did because the drugs helped them recover from all the high volume work.

Legit HRT isn’t an issue, just apply for your TUE. Though it is mostly an American culture thing IMO and experience at champs.

WMA will test athletes, medallists and random testing, WMA is affiliated through the IAAF and is a global governing body and so maintains a drug free position and correctly so. I think the more pro-esque Masters are treated the further the sport will be more recognised.

For record, how has everyone done this year? times etc.
what you taking into the winter

I think tempo is needed. Atleast for me. if you feel its killing your workouts you can always cut down the volume or do something different in place of tempo. But what charlie recommended for tempo drugs has nothing to do with. Also, even with drugs, your body will still be sore.

Unless they start giving cash prizes then testing is a waste. All Masters athletes win is what…medals and ribbons? We pay for travel and accommodations. I know a lady who got popped at the last usatf national champs from a few years ago in jacksonville. She kept running at meets even with a ban. It is meaningless to masters athletes.

That was my point… I don’t know why people think drugs will make you super man… I do think the therapy Charlie athletes got played a major role in them handling high volumes.