100meter race

To practice this position just stand up straight and bend forward without moving your head relative to your torso. Then raise the torso up and down several times to feel the head position as you let the back control the head.

This is true and funny.

thanks charlie

I guess that if ben was to not think of his phases and go out ( not waiting for it ) and stood up and started sprinting with no thought of angles, arms, rhythm or anything. He could still go out and run under 10 sec… So I guess there is much more to training than just thinking about the phases. I mean I’m not saying its not important but come on. If you know that reaction is that much you are accelerating to 30 transissioning to 60 and maintaining a top speed to 80 decelerating till the last dip where you could gain a couple of 100th. And start thinking about it in a race. No it won’t make you run faster. While if you know them and train for each aspect on its own and comes race time. You get out and you’ll know your kind of reaction and be aware of your acceleration then know that you are in transission now to top speed and at top speed where you would expend about 8-10 steps ( may be less ) you might get a glance ( but for sure you can fix step 5-8 if steps 1-4 had a problem at top speed. That would be funny ) and then you dip. You don’t think it at a race. You do it at a race and realize you are doing it. I believe the phases of the 100m were identified to break the training elements and not to think them through a race.

Just because you don’t break it down into someone elses phases doen’t mean you’re doing it wrong or hap-hazzardly. You’ve given quite a discription of the 100. You have time to process all that- or should you structure training tcover your needs and relax and go.

Wow…that is some improvement! :cool:

Yep and he deserved it!!!