ZMA Nightcap Drink - New

There are several companies now that make very low calcium content whey protein powders. Cytosport is one of them. I think their website is www.cytosport.com If you are going to use another protein powder blend without reduced calcium before bedtime, then try to take it at least an hour before taking ZMA.

60-90 minutes…add in various fats to a P and F combo…I like 9 and 10:30 doses…

716 I wanted to order some samples to try but do not see how to do so. Could you point me in the right direction?

Same goes for me 716, I sent an in-browser email to SNAC but haven’t heard anything. I am thinking they either didn’t get the message or they simply don’t respond and I guess eventually I can expect the samples in the mail.

I was advised to have you send the request for free a ZMA Nightcap Drink sample packet of each flavor to the Ask Victor section of the www.snac.com website. Just ask for free packets of both flavors and provide your name and address. I was informed today that only one request had been made for the free sample packets as of today. I will find out if they have received a request for both of you and then let you know.

That’s exactly where I sent my request through, perhaps they just haven’t received mine. I will re-send for another request to be safe. Thanks for looking into this matter 716.

Thanks 716

Another question concerning ZMA intake and protein:
I just started to take BCAAs right after getting up and before going to bed. I read you should not take protein drinks and ZMA, but ZMA and L-Glutamine has a good effect.
Is it ok to take ZMA and BCAA capsules (contailn 1/3 L-Gutamine I guess) in combination before going to bed?
THX.

Just took my first ZMA drink (Apple Berry) tastes good. Will let you know how it works in the AM

Dear Charlie:

Pro bodybuilder Milos Sarcev said that the New ZMA Nightcap put him into a coma the first night that he took it. He weighs 250 lbs, so he took four scoops. It should have a noticeably stronger effect compared to the ZMA capsules. Looking forward to your feedback. I guess we will all soon find out.
:cool:

Dear AUT 71:

Can you find out what the amount of calcium is per serving of the
BCAA’s? How many total grams of BCAA"s are you taking before bedtime?

Can’t wait to find out what Charlie thinks, keep us informed!! :smiley:

716, I sent another request to SNAC for the free sample in the “ask Victor” section of their site, but I still haven’t gotten a response back. Just curious if you had a chance to confirm the requests as you said you would? Thanks 716.

Dear Vito:

Yes, I checked for you and the samples have been send out to you. If for
any reason you do not receive them, then let me know and I will follow-up
again.

I will and thanks again.

I took 3 scoops and went down very solidly. Hard to compare with the capsules cause I ran out for awhile- but what I can say is how huge the sleep quality difference is with vs without ZMA! Same result for Ange.
I think I’ll try the scoops for a few days straight and then try the capsules for a few days to get a more direct comparison. Our problem is that, with a young son and early AM work, we never get the sleep time that we used to, so the quality is paramount, but, for an athlete who could and should sleep much longer, could you do a combination to extend the exposure to the ZMA? (for example 2 scoops of the drink with 1 or 2 capsules?) Is this reasonable or does it work best as a bolus type burst?
For an athlete already taking a number of pills and capsules to cover other nutritional needs (five in a multi-vit pack for example), I can see the value of a drink to prevent an overload leading to constipation after a while.

Would EvoPro be the better protein to take since it does not contain the vitamin spectrum in Muscle Milk?

CYTOVITE I is in Muscle Milk but not EvoPro (EvoPro is the protein in Muscle Milk)

CYTOVITE I™ Vitamin and mineral premix consisting of (vitamin A acetate, cholecalciferol, d-alpha-tocopherol acetate, ascorbic acid, folate, thiamine monohydrate, riboflavin, niacinamide, pyridoxine HCL, cyanocobalamin, biotin, pantothenic acid, di-calcium phosphate, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, ferrous fumerate, magnesium oxide, copper gluconate, and zinc oxide)

di-calcium phosphate Tom? ZMA has lead the way of when to isolate and when to integrate. Would taking any protein laced with calcium be smart during the evening? I don’t think so but perhaps time after the formula would be key?

I was assuming 716 was refering to the EvoPro and NOT the Muscle Milk.

Was just checking to see if that was indeed the case.

716?

Tom,

I believe he was referring to EvoPro.

To the board:

The EvoPro protein contains 175 mg of calcium per serving and the Muscle Milk contains 333 mg of calcium per serving. Many of the protein powders on the market contain much more calcium than either of these two. For example. the original Met-Rx protein powder contains 800 mg of calcium per serving.

There is a study which found that 600 mg of calcium taken together with
15 mg of zinc reduced the absorption of the zinc by 50%. In short, it is
not a real good idea to take supplements or foods high in calcium together
with ZMA. Calcium inhibits the absorption and utilization of both zinc and magnesium.

EvoPro protein or any other reduced calcium protein that is preferred will
work much better together with ZMA compared to a high calcium content
source of protein. Just read the labels or ask somebody from the company
about the calcium content of their protein powders. Several companies
are now making reduced calcium protein powders. Hope this information
will be helpful. :slight_smile: