Your experience with AM weights PM speed ?

Interesting.
So to recap your points-

-Speed improves strength, even if one could use being stronger in the squat (not genetic freak).

• Strength is important in producing speed, yet should never be emphasized in any time of the year.
    (Lifting heavy after speed doesn’t work for any natural athlete with reasonable speed… Come on… :slight_smile: )

Could I do this as compromise ?

AM - Clean, 4x3
PM - Speed
PM2 - Squat heavy, go home.

I don’t think that’s the point
The point should be about squating heavy, do what is heavy to YOU. Forget about Bens no’s.

If you can improve your current best by 10% over the next 12months, then GREAT. That is 10kg on a 100kg squat. Over 10yrs that will be a HUGE squat.

Make sure you can convert them squats into power - ie. Plyro’s - Jumps etc

As for your set up - I see no real issue with your original idea
Am - weights
Pm - speed / power (plyro’s, jumps)

No need to split your weights into 2x day.

Why don’t you also try that for one month, and the following for 1 month
Am - speed / power
Pm - weights

leg speed can be improved just like leg strength can.

everything has a limiting factor, eg ask almost any athlete how long ago was their last pb, or how long has it been since their bench weights have gone up.

you are saying you have the motor at a middle stage now work on suspension, gearing etc. Then go back to the motor and do the whole cycle again.

what do you want to do first, gearing, balance or legspeed?

I think Charlie says somewhere you don’t do the same program year after year.

have a look at this (drag car link),a 2 litre rotary over 400m. not long ago the talk was can they do 9 seconds.

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=t6iqfmcab&et=1103946494830&s=36&e=00170_ox0A2hU8ndPGtBe6n_DZksYYnYJ-oRnhFC2H-E5XyKKFfIghuU1LMyTbgzgYT27gk8KwVepYH6Cm7eQlZD4KDS7R2TEc2hQXQ6_7-FcCs8L6qsiiaUzkLEUw5WGcTRZmmBEiLkjo=

Sprinting always comes first, where do you feel you are lacking torque, the start, 10m, 20m etc. What portion of the muscls is being used at that distance, do your weights at that rom, what exercise works best. you do not have to copy the movement just train the right muscles. ask a bodybuilder if you are not sure. get someone who knows what they are doing to have a look at you sprinting. In the welding game the clowns with the degrees usually end up sweeping the floor, they may know all the theory but can’t weld for shi!. :slight_smile: )

Why not start with 3x10 @80% in the morning and the speed in the afternoon. Weights finish before 7.00am and speedwork starts 10 hours later.

in australia you have to have a 10 hour break from work otherwise you resume work at a higher pay rate: some scientific study done by the union I was told.