Yohan and Warren Weir workout video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sIPQvGPAEw

One thing I noticed more than any other thing about this video is how relaxed everything has been performed and how natural the rest is for the athltetes. Notice that when one of the athlete’s wants to rest he just sits down.
The other thing to comment on is the work that is done on the grass which is not really grass but very flat and very even dirt fields. So you get the benefit of it not being a hard surface but you also benefit from how even it is and that is something grass is lacking in most cases.
I’ll never forget training in Portugal and Italy at different times and trying to train on the soccer fields because they were so manicured and perfect for tempo. It took less than 5 minutes for security to come and kick CF and I off the fields. THose fields were reserved for the professionals. :wink:
The other thing I see in this clip is the box is unnessarily high. It’s fine if you can maintain your posture while doing it but you can see how hard it is to do that. Some people are so strong and so capable that mistakes made during training are not amplified the same for them as for others.
THe problem with video’s like this is most don’t see or understand any of the progressions that happened for years leading up to the point you see on video. And classically everyone will go out and now include what they see.

Did you noticed that they were also doing those extreme step ups with weight vests on?

Mvp training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lubQPo9scfk

I thought these videos were posted before? Can’t get much from them, maybe they are trying to mislead the competition… lol

if they were then thats my bad. Yea if anyone based there training of these vids they are doomed for failure

Anything is possible(in my KG voice) with the right minerals…

lol…

Yes, that just makes it worse if you are technically not sound.
We did the same exercise but I did it with a bar and plates on either side. It’s better for sure to do a vest but we never had the luxury of one. No big deal because a bar and weights can work equally well it’s just harder to balance.

Did you see how many people have viewed the video’s?
People don’t read any more because it’s easy to watch You Tube.
You tube is fantastic but people don’t realize that editing is going on as is selective publishing.
Show and tell has been around for a long time… don’t you remember kindergarden? I loved show and tell… LOL

I think this is the biggest pitfall with watching how other people train or studying sample workouts. People focus on the what and how, but don’t understand the why and the when.

http://www.letsrun.com/news/2014/03/jamaica-day-4-yohan-blake-warren-weirs-track-workout-usain-botls-restaurant-bar/

-dude from letsrun said something along the lines, this/his was day4 in jamaica and the hills/drills/stepups(total 2hours) were an easier day for recovery/some technique.
-tuesday and thursday were harder days, something like (2x(4x 150m)) in 17secs, 8-10minute rest btwn reps 20minute btwn sets.