Yearly programe... when to start!

alright… check it out…
as a college sprinter we have our first indoor meet usually the second week of december and our las outdoor meet the last week of may. in the past i have also continued and ran a series of meets thru the end of july and taking off august and september totally and resuming training in october for indoor. however the past 2 summers although i have peaked mid summer i have gotten injured the last meet in the summer which set me back a bit. especailly last summer when i had a serioud hip flexor injury that i am just now getting back from. alot of peole think my scheduele is too long and i shold drop those summer meets and when my outdoor season ends give my body a rest? what does everyone think of this? is 3 season too much and is there a period where u should totally rest you body exept for lifting of course…
so with that said if you can answer my questions that would be helpful… but the main question is is there a period in the year that you body needs a total rest for a month or 2 and if you have 2 seaons when do you stop training and get ready for the next season?

Actually, Charlie’s triple periodization would fit you perfectly. Charlie should really chime in on this one, but it seems to me that your real problem is that your second competitive phase is too long. What you need is a short break after the last college meet in May, followed by another training block (maybe three weeks), and then another competition period in July.

how would i go about doing this… ?