World Speed Summit 3

Anyway I think we all know how the secret thing turns out don’t we? LOL.

But yeah I know what you mean regarding footage and seeing the running on film and it’s always cool looking at what the training looks like by other people.

There are tons of pro groups in Florida. Omar Brown (VCB’s husband) also trains out of Montverde Academy, and I didn’t get a chance to go see Dennis or Omar on this trip.

Brooks Johnson is also nearby at Disney, and Seagrave is a quick 2 hour drive at IMG so there are lots of places to go.

I didn’t go to Florida to run around to five different tracks, I was focused on having a great camp with the group I went with.

I was trying to meet up with Steve Fudge from BA, but he arrived the day after we left.

We usually run at Dennis’s meet in June, as it’s always a fun time.

I tried to give a decent rundown of the practice on Friday. Even if I was able to get video, it wouldn’t be very nice to post it without permission of the coach and each athlete.

T

World Speed Summit 4 is back in action.

If you want to watch or listen to all of the presenters on your own time buy the all access pass for $67.00 USDA starting today at 12 noon EST.

Otherwise it will be free starting October 23rd BUT you have to watch or listen while the presentation is available.

My thoughts are if you have any intention what so ever to listen to only a few it’s your best idea to PRE BUY NOW

Here is the link

https://worldspeedsummit.com/angelacoon

Let me know what you think and you enjoyed listening to most and why.

Håkan Andersson is Sweden’s leading sprints coach. He has coached numerous Swedish national champions and record holders- and does it all in a VERY cold climate. In this session, Håkan takes us through the career of Peter Karlsson- an athlete who started sprinting by running a very ordinary 11.70 in the 100m at age 17- yet managed a blistering career best of 10.18 seconds!

Good stuff

And he is a charliefrancis.com customer.

I just hate when people bring up CF and doping.

I missed that session how was it? anything interesting?

I listened to parts of Dan Pfaff and none of Brett Bartholomew/Dr. Bryan Mann not interested to listening to coaches who work with american football - well at least most. Håkan Andersson put alot of focus on short high intensity runs early in the training program while leaving the longer runs for the spring.

who did that? It’s a way of people identifying themselves as what they think is on the right side of things.

Håkan Andersson not sure if it was totally negative… Maybe you should listen to it and tell me what you think.

Hakan is the one I really wanted to hear. But my friend said he listened and Hakan was talking about spreading the speed sessions further apart each week.

Some other points he made.

Dont focus too much on supplementary (non speed) training.

Weights - dont bother with hypertrophy. Aim for strength without weight gain, best achieved by olympic lifts that stimulate most motor units.

Plyometrics are very benificial. But need to be started when young.

Overall he commented favourably on the type of springy lighter build athlete.

I enjoyed this session as well. I’d be interested in hearing others thoughts on the springy lighter build development. Looking at the World Champs field about half were lightly framed and half were quite muscular. If I recall correctly ,Most of Charlies athletes were muscular, eventhough the weights were secondary to the sprinter.

Thanks,
When he said supplementary training what was he talking about? Too much tempo?
I think being light is a must for any sprinter.

Everybody is different - find what works for you. I run better over 60m at a heavier bodyweight.

Interesting.

Aren’t there Mp3 files?

I think he meant anything except sprinting itself. He did not have a particular beef about tempo - but just like weights, plyo etc they are secondary to pure sprint training. And their volumes/frequency therefore should not supercede sprinting - that`s my interpretation.

I agree.
Some athletes are naturally powerful/big, some are light and springy. As Grooster says you see both types in elite races. You should train according to your own body type and liability to injury.
The power/size model may start to change once you get to 100/200 double compared to 60/100.

Yes but you need to pay for them. I speed-listened to the free 24 hour offering so I may have missed some bit.

what about 100 with heavier weight?