World Speed Summit 3

Wow! Great job Tyrone and Christine @WorldSpeedSummit 3.

I am speaking once again so let me know what you think or shoot me a note if you have any questions.

http://worldspeedsummit.com/angelacoon

best,

Angé

For those of you who do not know World Speed Summit has been started by T-Slow and his soon to be wife Christine. It’s a free event with tons of content and you will all find something of interest there as our speed community has grown in large part as an extension of this forum. There will be new presenters as well as Tyrone has lots of interest in learning and understanding what is new and going on in the world of speed training. I hope you take advantage and enjoy watching. I think signing up begins tomorrow.

Certainly looking forward to the presentations, including yours Ms. Coon.

THat’s great TMSSF. I hope you enjoy everyone’s presentation. Especially mine… :wink:

Looking forward to WSS3, have listen to most of the previous editions (i buy them as it is hard for me to organise myself to listen to them when they are free)

I have bought all three as well and can watch them when I like. This one looks great and looking forward to viewing yours as well Ange.

Free time is not always easy to acquire.

I thought the topics and presenters followed WSS2, in scope and detail, very well. In fact, I’m in the process of designing my teams’ training year for 2017-2018 and much of what I observed from these sessions will be incorporated. Beginning this summer, I have no doubt of the improvements that should come from it.

Ms Coon, you truly opened my eyes to several things with your presentation. I mentioned to you previously of how impressive I found your lessons to be in the Jane Project DVD. And, for me, you took it to another major level here! Many considerations to invest into our program, including direct suggestions on nutrition, recovery and time management. For me, these were areas that needed modern reinforcement. Thank you.

Thank you TMSSF. I appreciate the feedback.

I also paid for the access. loving it so far.

What do you love about it?

I listen to:
Chidi
Mike boyle
Rodger white
Bret (only a short portion)
Derek
Joel (portion)
Simon

I thought the Steve Fudge and Mike Hurst sessions were excellent and informative by delving into technique and program structure respectively. Haven’t listened to all the sessions yet, but they look great.

Thoughts on Derek?

Just watched Dereks presentation. It was really interesting. He talked about applying the High/Low concept to field sports. There was a lot of take away information that could be applied to sprint training. He referenced Charlie a lot which got me thinking, that he used to post regularly on this site. I wonder why this ceased, his input was first class.

Kyle Uptmore talked about increasing test. All he did was include tempo and stop killing himself in the weight room everyday. lol

25 plus years ago we spent more than 3 weeks going to Detroit working with the Lions showing them drills, tempo and sharing speed tips.

Our primary clients post 1988 came from the NFL.

Applying high and low to football was recognized by Al Vermeil because Dick Vermeil ( his older brother ) hired Charlie to work with 49ers and Cowboys pre 1988.

The application of proper speed training to any sport was chronicled in detail by Tudor as well but Tudor is highly methodical and breaks things down in pure theory without video but in text books for study.

We don’t need to reinvent the wheel. Paying attention to details isn’t as easy as it needs to but most people get caught up in tiny crap that doesn’t matter.

It’s like regeneration. " Oh, I am doing that". I’ve yet to see anyone do it right when push comes to shove. Ice baths aren’t the same as contrast baths. But if you google it and see your favorite person doing it on You Tube that makes it good. No it doesn’t. It makes it show and tell. Who cares.

There is so much bs out there and so much crap and no one can make sense of any of it.

It’s like a recent request I have had about doing a documentary on another story as it pertains to track. There are no new stories. Read Speed Trap, listen to people that were there and have spoken up for what ever reason and get busy. You want to run fast? go do it.

Kyle is out there doing something and passing on info and gaining valuable experience and getting his feet wet. And he is smart and interested in learning more and not sitting doing zero. Another example about tempo.Everyone says they are doing tempo.

I coached last summer a kid who NEVER did tempo but made the national team in the 400mh. The same person never did repeat 300’s. Or 600 break downs but is a an amazing school on the track team getting coached by a full time coach who studied what? Kin? Phys Ed? I even offered to send info to the coach.

This information is available now and has been on this site since 2000. Before that it required some searching but not much. In fact prior to 2000 it was easier talking to people about what they were doing as people would actually tell you share.

I still have that VHS of you doing all the drills (bounds etc) wearing the black on black… I see you were showing off towards the end of the video… Bert Hill actually did a good job putting the high-low system in play those couple years and Barry Sanders had some of his best years.