World Record 19.31!!1

hopped on the CBC site and got a “sorry this video is not available in your area”!!! i thought only china filtered content by ip address

Can you imagine the traffic problem’s they’d have if they allowed live streaming of the Olympics to everyone outside Canada, especially with the USA having delayed footage? It is the only possible thing to do. CBC is funded by the government.

Oh yee of little faith.

I used to get CBC too, when I lived in Detroit, I’m so pissed right now:mad:

Hold-up/delay on the medal ceremony. USATF has accepted that Spearmon’s dq was correct after being shown the footage so his appeal has apparently been dropped.

Martina’s performance is now being questioned by the IAAF. It’s been reported that he might have run on the lane line.

What is this about? The rule is, one over the line or three on the line. Has this been changed??? A friend called me to complain about the ruling on Spearman and I looked at it it too and didn’t see him on more than once or go over at all. I don’t get it!

…but HOLY SHIT!!!

Has anyone ever gone 1-2 in the Olympics with WRs?

I am absolutely astonished…not because he got the WR…but because he did it into a headwind with almost zero competition.

Bolt jogged that 20. in the semis and it was then I knew he could break the WR.

It’s amazing how fast this guy runs with zero arm pumping…amazing.

Now, did anyone listen to the 100m post interview where he credits his 400m training for the 100m WR?

Remember, how I was saying a few months back that the sprints were going to be dominated by thinner sprints who were incorporating more 400m training?

Not to boast…but damn I scare myself sometimes.

Here is the post btw made back in may…damn…should have put some money on it;):

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showpost.php?p=189229&postcount=27

First time ever the same person has broken these two records at the same olympics.

http://www.sportstrick.com/play.php?vid=1263

I may be speculating completely out of my @$$, but what is the possibility that Bolt is a surprise runner to run the 4th leg of the 4 x 400 for Jamaica? Don’t they only “name” 3 guys and figure out the 4th later? If he HAS been training the 400, and is not bad at it…

John

look at the bottom of this link and see what britains christian malcolm says bout bolt…http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/athletics/7572131.stm

christian you need a bolt coming from your arse to even touch bolt even on a bad day.it just gets better!

I don’t think he is a surprise runner. He’s run it before and probably will again if healthy, I imagine.

Bolt chasing Wariner in the anchor leg of the 4x4, highlight of the games :smiley:

That would be sweet…

I called this a long time back. I want this to happen man.

Bolt in the 4x4 team. Bring the medal back for Jamaica.

Bolt is too damn godlike. He didn’t even showboat this time and broke the WR IN A NEGATIVE WIND!!!

He talked about it in the CBC interview, and said this time he was leaving it all on the track and going all out, just wonder if he’d done the same in the 100 whether his 200m performance today would be possible due to more fatigue maybe ?

Christian Malcom saying he would touch bolt on a bad day is only a put down to himself…if your going to talk shit…run with it!

Say your going after bolt even though he ran 1 second faster! lol

Some photos for you guys…
http://www.nbcolympics.com/trackandfield/photos/galleryid=240178.html

The guy on CBC said that the new rule is one step on the line and DQ.

By Michael Johnson
Former 200m world record holder

Usain Bolt’s 200m victory in a new world record time of 19.30 seconds was simply incredible. This guy is Superman II. [MJ being the self declared Superman I]

When I saw the start he made to the race, I just thought ‘wow’. It was a much better start than the one he made in winning the 100m - in another new world record time - on Saturday.

Guys at 6ft 5ins tall should not be able to start like that. Bolt had the slowest start in the field in the 100m but here it was better than anyone else’s and there were some good starters out there.

His drive phase, his transition, his bend, his home straight - it was all simply incredible.

Bolt was immediately up on Zimbabwe’s Brian Dzingai, who is a very good 200m runner, and he started absolutely burning up the turn.

You’ve got to get out and run that in 10.01secs or so and I can imagine he ran about 10.00 around the curb, which is amazing.

After making up the stagger on all of the people outside him, Usain then opened a five to six metre gap on them.

The long stride means he ate up so much more track than everybody else did with each step and, for once, he ran through the finish line.

This is Bolt’s favourite event and he wanted that record; he went for it, he came here focused on it. He knew that most likely he’d win gold but gave it every single thing he had.

My concern, and the reason I thought he might not get the world record here, was that he wouldn’t have been working on his speed endurance, the ability to hold that speed for the entire race.

But he showed that he actually has been working on that and was able to bring it home in 19.30secs; an incredible time, an incredible performance.

This performance was much better than the 100m because we saw Bolt giving it every single ounce of energy, even a lean at the tape.

And that lean was not based on trying to beat anyone else because the other guys weren’t anywhere close to him.

He was just trying to hold that speed for as long as he could and grab that record, which he’s done.

It’s about the accomplishment, that’s what he’s going to take from this. He worked so hard to break that world record.

I don’t see any reason why he couldn’t now move up to the 400m but I’m not sure if he’ll be able to break the world record in that.

In my opinion he’ll now switch his focus back to the 100m, knowing there’s a little more he can take off the 9.69sec. He can start better and go down into the low 9.60s.

But for now all I can say is congratulations, Usain Bolt.

Michael Johnson was talking on BBC Television

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/athletics/7572854.stm

Not that anyone on CBC could be considered an authority but can anyone look it up? Whay would they have changed the rule? Looks like a stupid idea now doesn’t it?