World Masters FUN schedule

Go to your local mom and pop stores.

https://world-masters-athletics.com/news/the-wma-championships-2020-in-toronto-have-been-cancelled-please-read/

Old news bro, where you been. I haven’t missed anything.

Do we need to rename the thread-

USATF Masters Outdoor Track & Field Championships Fun 2021.

Or start another one. I do predict that next year Gault’s record of 10.88 will be broken. At this meet or a Meet in Davis, CA. Why? Bc 2 or more of the fastest 5 will be there if the Meets happen. Stay tuned.

Who? Names.

Laynes who is a fast finisher. He was beat by Jason Carty 7.01 and appears to be getting better after having come back from Lung Cancer. What a great Story that is. Laynes was sluggish in that Final but props to Jason.

[video]https://youtu.be/Rn1kcmYBX98[/video]

Imo if Dixon cleans up his start a bit…he has a shot Under the right conditions. Maybe Vickers holds everyone off even at 53 yrs old but with 11.00. Then there is me who never really cared to show how fast I still am until recently. With the right speed end/specific coord it can be done.

Btw, any opinions on the following. With all the facilities in the area being off grounds I have been doing Ins/outs fef on a slight grade/incline right next to the house. Did a another session 2 days ago on the semi hard dirt. It rained for two days In a row. I can advance to another area down below with a very very low grade decline but it is not that long. Only 35 meters or so before I start running on the pavement. It’s getting faster and faster for me. Just doing what I am able to do.

Trying to post a pic of the hill I sprint. The great thing about the dirt hill is that it rains and softens it a little. Then gradually, it gets harder over time as my speed picks up. Love it.

I’ll put some of CF’s thoughts on Ins and outs here tomorrow. His info/products/posts were pure Gold.

I have been waking up at 4am to hit the track at 5 to beat the police and other people. Luckily have a key to all the HS tracks down here.

More like a Key to the Kingdome, broski. That’s Dope! and not the kind that The Police should be worried about, IMO. The Police that recognise a Driven person will probably look the other way. We would hope anyway. We recognise our own kind.

What about the Easily Offended types out there that will tell you…NO NO NO Chris, that’s an unfair advantage and you should just wait til we all have access blah blah blah lol
I know. I know. They can go to …

My son and i got asked to leave a field we were sprinting on. An ole barney fife ran us off. Two of us trying to train on 5 acres or more. But you can walk on the sidewalks right by each other.

Barney type lol Man, that stinks. The place I train is not only 200’ away but the only access to it is down my street and the street behind me. It’s a secret location for sure. I’m the only one ever back there besides my son at times. I explain what I do, why I do it, the weekly and monthly, yearly plan. De-load weeks, nuggets in manageable chunks. I started writing nuggets that I have told him in a notebook for him. All sorts of topics. One day I will give it to him and I believe he will treasure it when I am long gone from this Earth.

Anyways, I work on starts right from the Small garage. There is a perfect spot for me that resembles a set of blocks that are an inch high. It’s the only thing I do on the pavement sprint wise. I jump rope quite a bit now.
The next 5 or so days here are going to be in the low 80s. Skipped today’s speed session in the PM to take advantage of the Better conditions. Did a little movement routine in the AM. Played golf for an hour with my daughter hitting a little golf wiffle ball. Very little if any input from me. Just foot placement reminders every once in awhile. Gotta keep the kiddos doing fun things.

Take this time to rest… Training at this time isn’t important.