Which ZMA should I get?

Don’t link different issues. This is a supplement and in the formulation they use, it works. No doubt about it. Some other formulas don’t. In fact, when people were trying to dump on BALCO, they did a “study” on what they claimed was the ZMA formula but was in fact another brand that Victor had already been claiming wasn’t effective because the formula was different. Sure enough the study showed the rival product to be no use- then they claimed- well it’s the same as ZMA so ZMA must be no good too! Great science! All you can count on is the experience of others. Check the threads in the archives about people’s experience with it and draw your own conclusion.

So are you saying that it’s the type of minerals in ZMA that makes all the difference? Monomethionine/aspartate over chelated/citrate minerals.

Here’s his formula:

Zinc 30mg 200%
(as monomethionine and aspartate)
Magnesium 450mg 113%
(as aspartate)
Vitamin B6 10.5mg 525%
as pyridoxine hydrochloride)

wonderin if anyone can shed some light on this, I have been taking SNAC licensed ZMA for jst under a week now I have followed all the instructions and it hasn’t seemed to make a bit of difference to my training or recovery, did anyone find it took longer than a week to start working for them?

I don’t notice any difference except for falling asleep faster, possibly deeper sleep and vivid dreams.

I would expect you’d feel better rested and your muscles a bit looser. It’s pretty subtle though you usually feel that you get better sleep pretty quickly.

Tred in one of the studies that zma does take a while to get the full effects of the hormone increase.

However you should be getting a better sleep pretty quick. Even if thats all you get isnt that enough, as that will greatly increase youre recovery.

I noticed it the most during the first week. Now I don’t really notice anything.

Thanks, i’ll keep takin them see how it goes, see if I notice any difference. Haven’t noticed the sleep either though, but I never had a problem sleeping!