Which ZMA should I get?

Has anybody heard of/tried Mega Tribulus PM? Its new to GNC in australia, when i went in there i asked for ZMA but instead they had this. (I went somewhere else for ZMA)

it costs approx $90Aus for once months supply (from what the assistant said) and its meant to give you one helluva boost compared to ZMA. The assistant also said somehting about it being the only legal anabolic substance (yes maybe the S word) allowed by the IOC. Not at all sure about that point though.

The advertising goes like this:

"It is the first serious muscle building stack to have been made available in Australia. It contains a potent blend of tribulus terrestris, avena sativa, zinc, magnesium, and B6.
This formula is designed specifically for men to be taken at night time before sleeping to promote night time muscle recovery and enhance testosterone production.
Recommended for the serious trainer who is looking for the extra edge and wants something which will supercede Z-Mass PM or regular Tribulus.
This will also be very popular for anyone looking to enhance their out-of-training performance in the bed time arena. Many people thought this would never be available…but its available now.

Q1. is this legal for runners?
Q2. Anybody experienced this, or have knowledge of the substances used in it?

I like the cytodyne zmass pm.

Cytodyne zmass pm is NOT the same formulation as the Original SNAC ZMA-

http://www.cytodyne.com/products/z-masspm/supp_facts.asp

SUPPLEMENT FACTS

Z-MASSPM™

[Z-MASSPM™ Home] [Technical Data]

Serving size: men – 4 capsules, women – 3 capsules, Servings per container: men – 30, women – 40

Each serving provides:

Vitamin B-6…11mg (4 caps), 8mg (3 caps)
(pyridoxine hcl)
Magnesium…450mg (4 caps), 338mg (3 caps)

(as magnesium aspartate)
Zinc…30mg (4 caps), 23mg (3 caps)

(as monomethionine & aspartate)
Potassium…10mg (4 caps), 8mg (3 caps)

(as potassium aspartate)
Proprietary Anabolic Herbal Blend…706mg (4 caps), 530mg (3 caps)

Mucuna Pruriens (seeds) standardized for L-Dopa
Polypodium Vulgare/Suma (root) standardized for 20-hydroxyecdysone
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take 4 capsules for men and 3 capsules for women on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before bedtime. Do not take with food or supplements containing calcium.

With the Original SNAC ZMA formulation-

The ZMA formula:

Each capsules contains the following (Only ingredients) and the recommended dosage for men is
3 capsules, 30-60 minutes before bedtime:

10 mg of zinc as monomethionine/aspartate

150 mg of magnesium as aspartate

3.5 mg of vitamin B-6

IF you add extra stuff to the formulation you have changed the formulation and changed the effects- do not espect the same results.

Stick with the original

Originally posted by DWatling
Q1. is this legal for runners?
Q2. Anybody experienced this, or have knowledge of the substances used in it?

In another thread I posted this in response to DWatling[b]
Combine 3 capsules of ZMA on an empty stomach last thing at night with

1 tablet in the morning and 1 tablet at lunch of this
http://www.herron.com.au/products/vitamins/mensupport.html

and you will be feeling rather good

You can get the Optimum Nutrition ZMA in Australia at good Healthfood stores. That big store in Chatswood has a good price. The Herron stuff you can get at Coles. It’s very cheap.

It will really help to make sure that you are producing as much testosterone as you can naturally. The Herron stuff is the best tribulus type supplement that I have taken. What probably helps is that they are a pharmaceutical company and the product is standardised.[/b]

Sometimes I wonder. :rolleyes:

Would you rather spend $90 per month or about $50 per month? Yes its legal. The men’s support gets your LH levels back up. The ZMA provides fuel for production.

GNC is a great marketing company with nice labels and extremely irritating staff.

thanks dcw…i think

i bought the mens support as well as the zma, just as u said. also bought the gnc product, gonna see how it works…though like u said, if u combine the ingredients of the mens support and zma, bingo you have gnc’s product…so therefore if i combine mens support with zma AND Tribulus pm…BEEEFFFCAKE with a high zinc rating

i totally agree with the comment on irritating staff

GNC’s effervescent creatine and glutamine sure make it easier to swallow the stuff after a workout tho…tasty!! if high priced…

can u reccomend any supplement stores that sell similiar (or different and better) things in sydney?

http://www.herron.com.au/products/vitamins/mensupport.html

Active Ingredients Zinc oxide (Zinc 25mg) 31.1mg
Korean ginseng (Panax ginseng) extract equivalent to dry root 500mg
Muira puama (Liriosma ovata) extract equivalent to dry root 1g
Tribulus (Tribulus terrestris) extract equivalent to dry fruit and root 5g
standardised to contain furostanol saponins calculated as protodioscin 30mg

Inactive ingredients
The inactive ingredients are carnauba wax, calcium hydrogen phosphate, crospovidone, hypromellose, macrogol 400, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone and silica colloidal anhydrous.

Free from
Free from yeast, gluten, salt, dairy products, artificial colouring, flavouring, sweeteners and preservatives.

Physical description
Tan straight bullet tablet film coated clear.

Dosage
Adults - Take one tablet two times daily with food or as professionally directed.

The supplement should have a cheap price- zinc oxide is a cheap form of zinc.

i think we had this conversation. DCW said thats why u take the ZMA as well.

Question:
Recommended dosage is 3 capsules for men and 2 capsules for women. Is this 3 capsules for any man? I at 150 pounds take 3 with very good results, would my linebacker at 225 pounds need more than 3 capsules to get the same results?

How is the GNC Brand ZMA? Is it Tested is it any good? lol dcw23 GNC always seems to have assholes who work there.

If I owned a used car dealership I would recruit at GNC.

http://www.gnc.com/productDetails.asp?id=824411

Pro Performance® Zinc Magnesium Aspartate
Product No: 824411
Count: 60 tablets

Product Highlights
Studies have shown that exercise may result in a loss of essential vitamins and minerals.

This nighttime mineral formula is specially formulated with:
Hops and valerian which helps to promote restful sleep*

Zinc which is involved in carbohydrate metabolism, glucose utilization and insulin production*

Magnesium Aspartate which is necessary for protein synthesis and muscle function*

Vitamin B-6 important for its varied roles in amino acid metabolism.*

Directions:
As a dietary supplement, take two tables daily at bedtime.

Serving Size 2 tablets
Servings Per Container 30

Amount Per Serving % DV

Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 6 mg 353%
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 6 mg 300%
Folic Acid 300 mcg 75%
Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 3 mcg 50%
Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate 300mg) 60 mg 15%
Zinc (as Zinc Arginate 300mg) 30 mg 200%
Copper (as Copper Gluconate) 2 mg 100%

Hops Flower Extract (Humulus lupulus) 120 mg **
Valerian Root Extract (Valeriana officinalis) 500 mg **

** Daily Value (DV) not established.

Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Calcium Carbonate, Vegetable Acetoglycerides

No Sugar, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Flavors, No Preservatives, Sodium Free, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Soy, No Dairy, Yeast Free

Storage Instructions: Store in a cool, dry place.

Warning: Keep out of reach of children.

ONCE AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOU IN THE BACK-

If you change the formulation from the Original SNAC ZMA don’t expect the same results.

SNAC ZMA was formulated a specific way for specific results-

extra ingredients DON"T mean additional results.

Would you like to elaborate on this?

Yes, I thought that Calcium was to be avoided when taking the ZMA because it affects absorption.

Also, I find valerian has a negative influence on my sleep.

Quick question,

While taking ZMA, is it ok to take a multivitamin with ZMA or should it be taken alone with no other supplement containing Zinc?

the reason I ask is b/c I was on the SNAC site and was reading an interview that Victor Conte had discussing ZMA, he was asked the following question and he said:

Interviewer: What about the tendency for athletes to be excessive with their supplementation? I know that zinc can be toxic in high dosages.

VC: That’s a very good point. This is the reason ZMA contains a daily dosage of 30 milligrams of zinc for men. A dosage of zinc greater than 50 milligrams per day can lower HDL cholesterol levels, copper levels, and super oxide dismutase [SOD] levels in as short a time as 14 days. What I’m saying is that too much zinc can be just as bad as not enough. So, it’s very important to take a safe and appropriate daily dosage of zinc.

How are you guy taking it? alone or with something else? I obviously don’t want to take excessive Zinc doses.

Also, last question, is it gel capsule form or standard tablet coating form?

thanks guys

On the SNAC site is says that Marion Jones was taking ZMA, do any of you know if she was also taking any other supplements in conjuction with ZMA?

Vito,

visit this: www.snacsystem.com/marion.html
:cool:

Take your MultiVit in the a.m. ZMA in the p.m. as instructed on container…

Can anyone answer my 2nd last post? The questions was not directed to anyone in particular, anyone who has experience with ZMA can answer.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

thanks