What's wrong with me?

I don’t care what the title is. The workout is not suited for this kid. Who’s going to modify it for him? The coaches that have helped him so far? The examples in the article are all of 17-18 y.o. athletes with training experience.

Wild claims of 15-20lb of muscle in 15-16 weeks in 17-18 year old boys due to a specific weight training program is laughable. Any teenage boy on a structured program will gain weight, not because of the training itself but because of puberty!
If you think it’s anything much more than that you’ve got your head in the sand.

Anyone making claims of weight gain based solely on their program is like a crowing rooster taking credit for the sunrise.

I’m selling a program now that I used for one of my 16 y.o. football players. He only weight trained about 6 times between Thanksgiving '04 and February 10, 2005. He’s Hispanic, with a shit diet living in the inner city, working every day after school at Target. Guess what? From pushing shopping carts for 7 hours a night he gained 20 lbs. From 151 to 171.

Send me $29.95 and I’ll mail you the workout that he did for those six workouts that put 20 pounds of muscle on him in 12 weeks.

I gotta get a website to sell this stuff.

Ha ha. Okay whatever you say. I still don’t see where I made such claims. I was just merely showing him that there are many ways to do it. This is just one of them. I’d normally go with something like Kenn’s tier system but there’s not enough information somewhere on the internet to help him design a program unless he buys the book. DeFranco’s program isn’t that much different from that and he already has an article to help someone to help design the program which I posted the link. It’s simple enough and with some help from us, this guy will be fine. That’s the point. I like this type of stuff because it put more emphasis on PC in which something most HS kids are sorely lacking .

I promise to be a more understanding member of the CF community at large, and understand that calling people names will see me banished to the firey pits of cyberspace! Please forgive me.

ltruett, shame on you. Name calling.
I expected more from you then that. Because I disagreed with what you wrote? Petty.
DeFranco makes the claims of weight gain not you. I won’t comment further.

Thomas

Another question:
Its about Chronic Hamstring Tendinitis

Simple question:It hurts to stretch it, should i stretch?
I know it speeds up recovery process but is a little pain acceptable?
Does it aggravate it?

I also have the option right now of light jogging or light weightlifting. WHat is better for my chronic tendinitis?(neither causes pain)

not the best person to answer this, but just from experience, this kind of problems need a good warm-up before doing anything else

so some jogging and then light weights might do the trick…

other may be able to further help;
Flash, any suggestions?

James, as somebody previosly metioned, a lot of your problems seem to be right sided so would appear to be posture related.

Before attempting any strengthening I would attempt to get your posture problems sorted out, you could try Pilates or Yoga, there are many books out there that aren’t too expensive and give programs you can do at home.

Have a look on Amazon and read the customer reviews of Pilates and Yoga manuals