What is your vertical leap?

Just curious. Mine is 37.

One of the highest verticals ever tested was by the guy who has the slam dunk record or 12 feet 2 inches. He is on the Harlem Globe trotters. It is in the low 50’s.

Do you have MSN messenger?

cool, by the way, how much did you gain from dr.squat’s program?

Mine used to be in the mid 40’s. The only time I actually tested it, I got 46". But there was a point afterwards where I was jumping higher. Just never tested it again. Right now I think it’s in the mid 30’s, cuz I can still dunk, just not off vertical anymore. :frowning:

46 inches?? That seems ineffably high to me! What method did you use to test it?What is your standing long jump and sprint times?

Mine is probably around a 36 or a bit higher from standing. I think I can get at leat two-four inches above the rim like this and last year when I measured how high my hand extended it was 7’1". By now it might be 7’2" or 7’3"

Originally posted by Neospeed
46 inches?? That seems ineffably high to me! What method did you use to test it?What is your standing long jump and sprint times?

I did two different tests. The first was kinda like what Pete did. I measured how how my hands were, when they were extended. Then I jumped to see how high I could get over the rim. I got both my wrists over the rim, and that came out to 47":borg: The other test I did was more accurate. I used those things that they use at the Combines, where you jump and touch those deals that are hangin in the air. When I did that is was 46".:o I’ve never done an actual test for the standing long jump, but in practice I usually go around 10’ for some of the drills. I don’t even know if thats good or not. It’s amazing how I could jump that high, but my blocks have been terrible until recently. I’ve only done the 100 twice my whole life. Both times were in high school. You would think with that type of explosive power, I would kill everyone out the blocks, but nooo. It was really my start mechanics that were screwed up. Now my start is MUCH better, but I can’t jump as high!:frowning: I’ll get it back though. It never takes me that long to get back my hops back :sing:

34 inches! I play baskeball and lift, but why does everyone have such high verts?:sing:

17in

treble how tall were you when you did these tests?

i am assuming you are around 5-8.
i am 5-7. with my arm extended i am 7-2.
which means in order to grab rim i have to have a 34 inch verticle.
your hand to your wrist is about 8 inches so 33 plus 8 is 41.
a 41 inch verticle is a hell of a jump and i am not doubting you but 46 47 inches is pretty insane.
do i have my measurements right? youre 5-8?

o, and just to add that is that a standing verticle? if it is i do not believe it.

Originally posted by QUIKAZHELL
i am assuming you are around 5-8.
i am 5-7. with my arm extended i am 7-2.
which means in order to grab rim i have to have a 34 inch verticle.
your hand to your wrist is about 8 inches so 33 plus 8 is 41.
a 41 inch verticle is a hell of a jump and i am not doubting you but 46 47 inches is pretty insane.
do i have my measurements right? youre 5-8?

Pretty close.
I’m 5’9". And I was 5’9" when I did those tests. Everything you said was off by an inch here and there. I think my reach was 7’1". I might be wrong, cuz my arms are pretty long. That would just be a guess. And thats with both arms. When I did these tests I could dunk off vert with 2 hands. Thats like 43" right there.

And yeah it was a standing vertical. Thats why I was so confused as to why my start wasn’t more explosive. You would think that if I could jump that high I would have an explosove start. But that wasn’t the case.

I can understand why you wouldn’t believe me. A lot of people lie about stuff like that, 40y dash etc. But if you met anyone that knew me they would tell you. I try not to bring it up, cuz some people think i’m braggin about it. I can’t brag anyway since I can’t jump that high anymore. At least for now.:cool:

Only idea I can give you is that in 2001 I dunked on an 11’ rim.

I am 5"10 and i can hang onto a full sized basket ball net, from a standing position.

Much respect people.

Originally posted by MR SHUMON COOL
I am 5"10 and i can hang onto a full sized basket ball net, from a standing position.
Much respect people.

I am 5’7" and I can almost get rim from a standing position, ok i can get about three quarters up the net… close enough

Originally posted by airbourne
34 inches! I play baskeball and lift, but why does everyone have such high verts?:sing:

Wasn’t it Snoopy of Peanuts fame who said “On the Internet, nobody knows you’re a dog.”

Woof !
:clap:

Well this is true, but its also possible that on an internet site with more than a thousand members that is devoted to an explosive track event a few people have high verticals.

The thread has been viewed three-hundred and seventy times and five verticals have been given.

Just a note…this topic has been discussed a few times already on this forum. There is even training information if you search the archives.