What do you want?

That is a good idea.

That is precisely the issue and why for many of us I think the SPP download would have been more helpful if it had concentrated on SPP2 with the kind of detail as in the Vanc s-l download plan.

If you are the type of athlete the SPP video is about (10.2 trying to get to 10.05 so you can get into GL type meets to extend your season), the situation in North Amreica is like this:

Your indoor season is basically February. If you go to Europe after US Indoors or you compete in NCAA indoors, that takes it into mid-March, giving you even less time for SPP2.

Two years ago, Carmelita Jeter got attention by winning the womens 100 at Mt Sac. Last year, Preston Perry ran something like 10.04 at the High Performance Meet at BYU in mid-May, and two weeks later he was running in a GL meet. The IAAF Permit meets like Jamaica, Adidas Classic, and Ponce are in the first two weeks of May. And if you need to qualify for GP/GL events you MUST perform HERE. You don’t have until August for SPP3 to work for you. You don’t really have until US Nationals in late June because of how the IAAF schedule is–by the time they know who you are, there might not be that many races you can get into. You MUST have your SE in place in May. And the same thing applies to NCAA guys because their nationals are in early June and they have to qualify as well.

So, if you’re not Ben or Gay, you don’t have 12 weeks for SPP2. You don’t have the 8 weeks mentioned on the SPP video (by the time you add in a break after indoors and factor in 2 weeks cutting down to comp). You MIGHT only have 4 weeks.

And this makes things a lot more interesting than for Ben.

Very good points, thats the point I was trying to make earlier with my post.

My vote would go to material(book/download) focusing more on specific sports. I remember a hockey download being mentioned at one point(that’s the one I’m waiting for). Perhaps with discussion about planning around the schedules of each sport as well as drills etc. that Charlie’s experience working with athletes in a specific sport have shown to be especially useful to team sport athletes.

NUTRITION for speed e-book

Maybe Charlie and Al Vermeil could do some sort of speed/strength, speed/weights training for sport.

Though I’ve read bits and pieces, I’d like to see a more thorough book/dvd etc. done on CF’s approach to hurdle training.

How about something on training for young speed/power athletes, like 13 to 16 year olds?

Charlie, could you narrate SPEED TRAP for us so that we can download it onto iPods? No better way to travel than with the best Speed Training book available to listen to!
Thanks

I think it’s a great idea.
We already HAVE those EMS audio tapes but they haven’t caught on yet.
I really like those audio tapes and think they are important, with ideas that have never been covered anywhere else that will influence how EMS is used in training plans.
They are definitely “out there” for many precisely because there is so much new information to digest in one shot, but people can listen many times in their cars or ipod, or wherever time might otherwise be lost, and let it sink in.
I would like to see if we can get these EMS audios going as a first step.

Charlie

Keep in mind podcasts on various subjects. Perhaps if you keep an eye on the forums and what people have been discussing, even an opinion on an upcoming event would be good to put in digital format. It is easier to record and upload than type.

Personally, I would prefer podcasts over written format as I can read other stuff and listen to a podcast at the same time.

Over a longer period of time you could collate all the podcasts in one bigger file (similar to CF Forum Review).

Have those podcasts on sale for $0.99.

People can not carry books to remind themselves on certain subject BUT if they have podcasts, which could include;

• tips
  • training sessions
  • opinion on blocks set up, accel. form, etc they (coaches) simply can switch their iPods on while their athletes are doing warm ups, drills etc. and go over it quickly.

Athletes too!

If I had a choice of let’s say - top 20 subjects, tips to download and load onto my iPod I would rather pay $20.00 for this type of info [podcasts] than for instance Speed trap in e-format.

Make it easy and convenient as well as inexpensive and you will flog it to all corrners of the world without breaking a sweat. It is certainly easier to talk than to type (editing, converting, uploading…)

Speaking of products, please note our Summer sale is now in full swing and ALL products at our store have been discounted 30% for a limited time only.
Click here to check out the deals

I too would like something on nutrtion for speed maybe in e-book format.

Comp phase presentation.

CF for 400m

It’s been a while since the last product.
Videos, audios, ebooks .

• speed for team sports
  • general training for team sports
  • drills, drills, drills (I never got a grasp on ankling and various form of bounding)
  • how to correct the most frequent errors in sprint technique

Also ipods for specific topics. I own the EMS ipods, they are very good, but this type of presentation can be improved.

Secure credit card payment rather than via Paypal.

what is wrong with paypal

this is the only site I ever use it for and I always have hassles. Currently my account has limited access and it lists the problem as transactions that don’t show in the history. The info to try and resolve it goes rounmd in circles and their help centre is automated emails and are the do not reply to this sort… I’ll stop there.

John,

ill mention it to ange and maybe it will be possible