What do you want?

We are conducting a poll on what our members want most for 2009.

Lets use this thread for ongoing discussions on the subject. Happy New Year everyone!

That therapy dvd was good - however, some more info on what “WE” could do - ie, not many of us can do Acupuncture.
So - Even ways to massage for Before training
for after training
for kneeding out knotts (or however is best to remove them

More practical demo’s on EMS

How to Stretch to Find certain typical problem areas (like internal leg rotation) and other ways, other than massage, to treat. Like that Jade stone - and other items one can learn to use

Perhaps exercises that treat problem weak areas? Like rhomboids, rotor cuff etc

Just some ideas that popped in just now

Hands on training !!

videoed ones.

1. Hands on training for mid level sprinter; solving start, top speed, integration of elements…maybe a resume from oct 1 to sept 30 of the following year??
  2. CF football guide.DVD and booklet for off season training + in-season suggestions.
    Chapter 1: db/wr Ch 2: lb rb ch 3 Lineman.

I like the hands on stuff meaning Jane Project and the 10day taper DVD (is that what you mean by ‘hands on’?). I would also like to see a SPP DVD.

A Charlie clinic somewhere in the US. I don’t know how I missed Utah, but I did.

I did.

Eroszag,
starts are covered at length in Fundamentals 1.

I know, and own it…but I have in mind a progressive approach, not a 1 day cure…like the taper dvd, but on a longer time-span

ditto,the spp 1, 2 dvd

A cool set up would be hands on training with the following goodies:

Home work (something to work on after an initial visit ie… focus on this or that until the next visit)

A training program with planned visits in between the home work assignments (obviously for out of towners with a full time job cant pick up and hang in Toronto for a week but a weekend here and there to work out any issues or adjust the training would be more feasible…)

Online video analysis. (maybe get a site where we can upload some high def video check out http://vimeo.com/ And get some feed back on running technique.) OR a secured server with Dartfish on it where we can actually do some video analysis. I think this might reduce visits to Toronto… I dunno just kicking some ideas arounnd…

An initial analysis. (something were we can assess things like flexibility top speed power etc…)

I know these are kind of done for free already but I think people would pay for the individual attention. I know this is a huge undertaking but you asked

videos…and maybe a monthly article or something

I am looking for a SPP program like the current GPP program that Charlie Has

Are you talking about a video or the programs themselves? If you want the SPP programs, you can already see L-toS and S-to-L options on the vanc downloads

Charlie my mistake - I am curious to know what to implement after SPP
sometimes our season runs 4 months for outdoor season ?
With such a long season how do we keep sharp?

What about a video or book or something explaining how to plan for us mortals?

By that I mean, a lot of the materials are geared towards people running at least 10.20, if not faster. Of course, you must adapt, but how? That would be interesting to hear for the intermediate and novice athletes out there. At least, maybe planning for a 10.6-11.0 level athlete (or even into low/mid 11s) to give an idea of some of the differences. I think this would be good not only because it would encompass a much greater number of board members and athletes, but because it could also have more relation to team sport athletes that may not be as predisposed to being low or sub 10 sprinters.

Just my thoughts, though.

Just want to clarify too, I understand in the materials there is talk about younger athletes and such, but I know many people here have goals/dreams of just getting to 10.4-10.5 (maybe even just sub 11) after years of training, so it isn’t just for younger athletes as well. I’d be interested to hear how that changes.

I just remember seeing in the weights videos talk about nobody using specific weights going under 9.8 and thinking hmm… I’d like to see somebody of my genetics go 10.0, let alone under 10. If you look at the majority of the logs and posters here over the years, the range is probably 10.50-12.0. I know there are elite coaches that lurk the boards, but the majority of members and probably people that buy the products don’t have the talent to ever go under 10, so planning will probably be a bit different.

What I try to do is go through topics from beginning to end- the end being the highest known performance levels. Somewhere on this continuum, you should find yourself.
I have worked at every level including those who would aspire to function at any normal level at all due to spinal chord injuries and CP. I have found remarkable similarities all the way through.
Often examples presented here are high level because they were from my personal experience but are not a grand design for all.
Likewise, surely, the objective of good program design is to get athletes to the top- not the middle!
You need to look over information and design specific solutions that fit in with your specific abilities and place on the continuum.

When you say remarkable similarities, are you talking about relative training needs, as in, most 11.0 people need the same sorts of things, 10.5 people, 10.0 people OR do you mean most people after 1 year, 5 years, 10 years (regardless of what their PB may be, just how close they are to genetic potential)?

Do you think there are not significant differences in training people to get to certain times? Example, do you think the groups of MVP/Stephen Francis and Glen Mills could have similar success if they took a group of suburban white kids that have much different builds and predispositions (ie some more predisposed to absolute strength/power versus elasticity, etc.).? I don’t know if I am phrasing that correctly or appropriately, but I hope you get the idea. I just see a hard time using even a similar training program between people with completely different builds and predispositions.

http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=50

http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=24

http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=23

• this forum

= what you asked for