What Can We Learn from Usain Bolt's Victory

I think it’s something he is just putting out there. I don’t seriously think he will do it.

Mills has done a fantastic job with Bolt but not just for the obvious reasons of top performances. Combine his marks with the fact that with few exceptions Bolt has remained relatively healthy under Mills (his recent achilles issue did not seem to be very serious as he did not miss that much comp.). As a younger athlete, it seemed he had many more injuries than he does now while putting out incredible outputs.

Also, under Mills, Bolt has continued to significantly improve (massive understatment I know) his performances. So often, it seems, the very talented junior athlete does not continue to improve or at least rarely by so much. This is clearly not the case with UB.

Agreed. Mills is sharp, so is S. Francis.
Listening to those interviews and reading interviews with Mills you get an idea of how good a coach he is. Without him there is no Bolt, the dominant freak. He would probably still be getting injured after every WC 200 final. Wonder how many other guys had this talent yet it was not realized because of poor coaching, MLF…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHSplqT5wMY

Great vid with some cool insight from Bolt. Awesome he is working with these kids and seems to enjoy it.