Weights after track

Why are you during SE and all the other work in gpp?

Well, maybe it’s not a GPP proper then…

I don’t know, I’ve been away from serious running for such a long time. Football and injuries have kept me out of it since 2004, really, and it shows because I can’t run a 150 without getting tired.
I’m guessing the earliest meet I can run in is February, which is…5ish months away.

So I don’t know how I’d set everything up if I went straight from, say, an 8 week GPP. I was going to do this 12 week thing as a re-entry to sprinting, take maybe a week off after, then come back with a normal GPP, then roll into SPP.

Bad idea?

Yes. I would get CF graphs so you have a general idea. I would go about 8-10 weeks gpp and 10-12 weeks spp.

I’ll look over the graphs and the video tonight.

My only thing is that with 8 weeks GPP and 10 weeks SPP, I’ll be peaking at the start of competition if I run unattached in the college indoor meets (which I hope to do). I could just wait for a couple of months to start the GPP, I guess.

Thanks man I really appreciate this since I do not have a gym membership and I cannot always have access to the school weight room because of vacations every here and there.

I will miss the rush of lifting big weights, but I think I can manage with this purchase.