Weighed Sled Drags Question

I have done 2-3 sled pulls before efe, fef, and 150’s with no problems.

The question is what “heavy” means. Does the heavy sleds AP uses equal to a ~10% speed change? Could be a surface issue leading to heavier sleds.

What KK reported listed the heavy sled pulls with 50 pounds in the sled as its own workout. I doubt doing pure speed following the heavy pulls is a positive thing to do. You don’t train speed when tired because of the neural imprints.

You just answered your own question, CF wouldnt use a 50lbs sled anyway.

According to the article with Steven Francis, he claims they use weighted sleds UP TO 50 lbs for 6 months out of the year. Personally, I believe this is the key to there great starts and there ability to run the first half of the race with ease.

Think about it; to improve a 400 you improve your 200; to improve a 200 you work on the 100; so to improve a 100/60 without adding mass from weight room you can improve this short distance with a very specific exercise; weighted sleds.

So more or less when using the CF protocols we are just trying to look at some suggestions as to where he would put weighted sled drags into his program.

He has already answered that question, you can sub one of the hill workouts in gpp with a sled also in spp you can add a couple sled pulls before the block starts. For example:

Mon: Speed
4x30 sled pulls
4x30 block starts
2x3xefe

Thur: SE
4x30 sled pulls
4x30 block starts
3x3x60

Thanks tamfb!

Well I finally used a car tire on the grass for the acceleration like you said. IT WAS GREAT!!! Wow, I felt so much more aggressive and productive. You know, after a while; doing sprints by yourself can be boring so I’m glad I came across this training method.

Anyhow, on the down side, due to the added stress I got sick the day after I did this…lol I have a mild headache, my body aches and I have a runny nose so this Monday I plan to buy some ZMA and some high end amino acids to help my body recover from the added stress.

On a side note, when I took off the belt and i did my 250’s the first 30 meters of the 250 I felt like somebody was pushing me! I train alone so I don’t know if I got a any faster but I sure felt like I did.