Usain Bolt The Fastest Man Who Has Ever Lived

…Besides the fact that MJ had an ulterior motive for making the documentary…
My guess is that Glen Mills did not want anything to do with the documentary probably because he feels that it’s premature. Usain has not yet accomplished all the goals that Mills has laid out for him.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

I guess Mills just wanted to stay under the radar & let Usain take the limelight, he is after all the star.

There could also be ill-feeling between the two. MJ once spoke out about how Usain should go about his career.

Lets not in anyway criticize or dis-respect such a legendary figure in track such as MJ. His knowledge & status is second to none.

MJ is a fucking narcissist.

He deserves disrespect because he continually disrespects the achievements of other athletes. That video was nothing but a way for MJ to try to stay relevant.

No offense, but I doubt anybody on these boards can tie MJ’s shoelaces.

He is also qualified to criticize, if he deems something isn’t right. His facility, resume & knowledge are second to none. If I had the opportunity & lived in the locality of Dallas, I would work under MJ at his performance center at the drop of a hat.

Calm the hate. MJ has done so much for athletics in general.

shit eh, 2003 he was already passing the 100 line on bend in 10.5x on his way to 20.25. This would put him at least at 10.2x on the straight. 43 strides to 100m on bend and 81 to 200m in this race. Then the year later the 19.93 at 17. I’d guess based on the 20.25 race split distribution the previous year that he progressed to 10.3x around the bend at the 19.93 run. So basically a 10.0x athlete on the straight at 17… That view of that 19.93 from the stands really shows his elastic strength gift.

It was a good documentary but it was also a shameless MJ business plug at the same time.

Technically it was a poor documentary. However, it was good to get an insight about Bolt for us enthusiasts, athletes or coaches.

Why was it poorly done?

Well, a good director would not pose a question to Bolt (or anyone) and then cut him off before he had a chance to answer it. Perhaps Bolt has answered the question but whoever edited the footage made a mistake.

The question I am talking about was when MJ asked Bolt ’ What makes him so fast?’

And yeah, I do not like arrogant and egoistic people like MJ.

yeah… because saying he is a dick is the same as saying he sucked as an athlete. ok bro. nobody says he sucked as an athlete just that he tried to make that vid about him as much as bolt.

MJ is a douche, ask Donovan Bailey.

Good to see Bolt doing some tempo… but hardly a killer workout!

The question was answered. “When I started track & field I was good naturally, I was always running fast, breaking records. Its just a talent, everybody has there own talents, god gave me the talent to run fast & give back to the world”. Referring to genetics & why the ability is there to run fast.

Also, I don’t think there is anything wrong with a little self-promotion on MJ’s part, particularly when it housed some of the best parts of the documentary.

Who has trained at MJ’s facility?

Drop the negativity lr1400. MJ is a hero & a inspiration to so many. There is no way you can say that isn’t one hell of a fantastic facility to increase athletic potential.

We saw during the making of the documentary, Paula Radcliffe training there. I think many of a great athlete/teams have brandished its floors. Its just something they will not go out of there way to boast about.

Drop the nonsensical attitude.

Ok u are the biggest Mj fan on this site and as you can see majority of everyone else hates him. Yall are wasting time going back and forth. Your minds are made up so stop trying to convince each other. lol

I have not seen the documentary, so I can’t comment on it, but I have heard of much negative feeling towards MJ on this site.
It’s true that he’s very much in to self promotion, however;
As I have frequently seen him on the BBC doing commentary (and a few other documentary’s) as well as some newspaper articles in Britain, all I can say is:
It’s nice to see an ex athlete still sharing their passion for the sport. He offers a different kind of analasis (spelling?) than the typical british commentators. He tells it how it is, and offers technical information (though basic) on the BBC. This is refreshing because the sports image must include the fact that these athletes train and perform in a scientific matter. (we know this allready - but the general armchair fan must know that fact also. it adds another dynamic to the sport, for the armchair fan.)
It’s pretty cool how the BBC got the expertise on board of one of the greatest track athletes ever.

He has his faults, but atleast he’s not appearing ‘aloof’ like say, Carl Lewis, who appears to be ‘above’ anything to do with the sport, and who criticizes the achievements of the new super stars.

I agree. MJ has a much better personality than Carl Lewis.

i think the reason why paula went to MJs facility is maybe because of a NIKE link somewhere down the line! MJ certainly wasnt a mechanical model and used what he was given as a talent. he also wouldnt be the best role model for the sport but hey who is?

ala carl lewis…yes hes still brash and so on but read between the lines in what hes saying. he actually should think before he speaks and i would actually agree with 85% of the statements he talks about…

I love the contrast in the video. I don’t know if it was intentional but it was funny seeing the guys at the MJ facility with all the best equipment and technology trying to figure out why Jamaicans training on dirt and grass with stone age equipment are so fast.

last winter i shingled a roof with a buddy, ur basic gable two slope roof. I had the easy side, no vents or stacks or chimneys which he had. We had my compressor and 2 coil nail guns. I beat him to the peak but he was only 2 rows behind, and he was using a hammer lol. I asked him why he didnt use the gun and he said he wanted to go old school and handbomb it and get a nice 8 hour workout.

…I was thinking the same exact thing (LOL).