US Sprinters Training...

What do some of the biggest sprinters in the US training program look like,such as Justin Gatlin, Lauryn Williams, Allyson Felix, and Shawn Crawford, and Mauric Greene?

I am sorry, I made a mistake in my first post. To be more clear,I didn’t mean what do the sprinters listed look like. I meant what do their training programs consist of.Such as Justin Gatlin, Allyson Felix, Lauryn Williams, and Maurice Greene

Anybody? I would to love to hear some of there workouts.

Those kinds of information are usually classified. Although u will be given general tips from elite athletes, its doubtful that ull get to see their full detailed training program, unless u paying or have some influence or something. HSI will showcase sprinting tips/strategies etc but ull never see them indulging valuable info like detailed training programmes done by elite athletes scott free. Thats generally though their might be some exeptions.

You wont find better resource than this site for modern sprint training theories. If you are new to the site, and the Charlie Francis training theories, you can do no wrong in searching the archives and buying some products from the online store.

This is not a hard sell!

their training regimes? i dont think they matter THAT much…

before you get on my throughts, athletes of that level would have exceled either way, bar some prety stupid training programs.

CFTS is (gasp) very very intuitive in all it glory, in the same way the solution to a math problem seems “obvious” once discovered.

details do have their part, and make the 10.00 athlete go to 9.95 or something, but they are so individualized, so fluid and dynamic, suspectable to change and adaptation that you cant really give the name “training program”.

most likely than not the training day of gatlin or who ever is configured real time, by therapist, doctor, maseur, nutritionist, biochemist and obviously coach feedback. These people are like F1 cars, you always, do teeny tiny changes to adjust to the track/weather/driver

HSI will showcase sprinting tips/strategies etc but ull never see them indulging valuable info like detailed training programmes done by elite athletes scott free.

and so if one flies to LA or NC they are going to just dump the training info for free? Good point why just give away the info?

I agree that product should cost more but forums are like open source computer programs such as mozilla’s firefox. The community needs to take the CFTS, WSB, and other programs and use them while creating resources. The problem is that this site now is getting too much into a “tech support” site and nobody is helping build a CFTS model. For example it would be nice if someone took a nice pool workout and posted it. Then the entire board could hack the “code” and modify it for their needs and continue to build patch program for equipment, weather, staff, budget limits. This is how the CFTS program can grow but people are lazy or have no programming (coaching skills) ability. Imagine having various circuits and workout templates that can be adjusted and shared? The problem now is that many coaches are underpaid and overworked. So why stay up late and share info when you can spend time with family or sell a product?

For example it would be nice if someone took a nice pool workout and posted it. Then the entire board could hack the “code” and modify it for their needs and continue to build patch program for equipment, weather, staff, budget limits. This is how the CFTS program can grow but people are lazy or have no programming (coaching skills) ability. Imagine having various circuits and workout templates that can be adjusted and shared? The problem now is that many coaches are underpaid and overworked. So why stay up late and share info when you can spend time with family or sell a product?

You are wise beyond your years my friend.

I would go further and suggest that younger questioners be turned back to their home coach for help or to encourage their coach to seek out information.

I was told there are no secrets in training. It how you put the training together that makes it work.

Charlie has his way, Clyde has his way, John has his and Clemson has his way.

I look at peoples programmes and look for common denominators and how they could apply to the athlete I coach.

Great post,I deeply agree with you. Let’s do it,any clue on how to start?

I look at peoples programmes and look for common denominators and how they could apply to the athlete I coach.

Great point DMA. I just look for universal concepts since a wide range of coaches will agree on many concepts that create success. The problem is that many concepts are not clear and many “dog fighting” skills (remember in top gun about the whole missle reliance issue was the reason for fighter school) are lost.

Pakewi, I am working on something like a training linux!

Like they use to say on Circus;
don´t try to do this at home !!
http://www.snelkracht.nl/index.php?article=34
http://www.snelkracht.nl/index.php?article=26
http://www.snelkracht.nl/index.php?article=36
http://www.snelkracht.nl/index.php?article=32