University of Pittsburgh Football Internships

We are currently accepting interns for the 2009 Competition Season

Duties Include:
• Supervising athletes during weight room and field based training
• Transportation, set up, breakdown of training equipment
• Cleaning areas of weight room and training equipment

Candidates must have:
• Experience in instructing weight training and field training (sprint, jump, throw) drills
• an interest in becoming a coach/trainer of athletes
• a strong work ethic

What will place you at an advantage:
• Being able to lead Division 1 American football players by example in the weight room and field based training

• Knowledge/experience with CFTS
  • restorative/regenerative skills

Compensation:
• Internships are unpaid positions. Interns are responsible for arranging housing and transportation

If you’re interested:
• Email a one page letter to jsmith@athletics.pitt.edu that describes yourself and explains why you would like to intern with us

There is a great deal of daily discussion/interaction with myself and Buddy.

The more qualified/experienced the intern the more responsibility we’ll give them with respect to supervising/monitoring various position groups in their training.

I highly recommend taking advantage of this opportunity. Speaking from experience, Buddy and James are tremendously giving of their time, and working with them will really bring many of the concepts discussed on the board to a real world training environment.

I agree. If you can, jump on this.

I would highly recommend this opportunity to anyone looking to get into athletic performance. The knowledge Buddy and James possess will be useful for ANY sport you’d like to get involved in. You will learn a ton through both planning skills and hands on coaching experience.