UK Sprint coaches

Thats great news and I think ur right about possibly good coaches with no talent or no good facilities around Tinsoldier -

Shame I’m at the other end of the country

PS I know its an old story on here but Amanda Forrester was in good shape coming into the season but has had some achillies problems I believe which prevented her training much, she must have felt she didnt want to miss the AAAs, but obviously wasnt in shape.

As for the loss of form of some of the athlets this year I dont think there is one overall story other than this year is sandwiched between 2 very big years for GB athletes and many have just struggled after a tough one last year/big indoor season. I also think that after a good level of success last year many over reached in training - not necessarily overtrained by doing too much but pushed themselves too hard - thus loss of form and injuries! It happened in 2001 after a decent Olympics too.

Marlon is a friend of one of my trianing partners, he has been in very heavy training (volume) I believe its designed for a high peek (I wonder when that could be for :smiley: :smiley: ).

Joe Cains!! father of Daniel seems to be following something similer to charlie with a lot os short fast stuff all the time, they train mostly between birmingham alexander stadium and the track at sohlihul.

I’m definately in agreement with many on here about the rubbish that a large majority of coaches teach in the uk (even the so called “expert coaches” e.g. tony lester who trains mlf and marlon devonish). How ever there are a few that do take a very different approach and do use other methods some which are very similar and are undoubtedly influenced by CF ideas. The best example is the sprintech group www.sprintech.co.uk, my training group also follows very similar programmes and despite not having any big name athletes every athlete in my group has dropped at least 1/2 second of their pb’s in the last year. There are a couple of others i know of who follow CF methods but one of the main problems i have noticed over here in the uk is that there are a lot of very old very stubborn coaches who train the best athletes and favour the idea of getting athletes to do as much volume as they can to build “strength” and then get a reputation based around having one or two talented athletes and suddenly everyone wants to join that coach’s group.I think its a real waste as some of the sprinters over here i feel have a lot of talent but due to incorrect programmes, the huge flaws in ukathletics, and other factors they dont realise this potential fail on a world seen and then are usually judged to be lazy or ignorant etc!