TWhite03 Training Log

Thursday April 10th

Shrugs: 405x3x8, 495x1x8, 110lbDB’sx3x15
DB Shoulder 21’s: 3 sets with 25lbs.
Pullup (neutral, supinated, pronated grip) 3x10
Bicep Curls: 120x2x6
Preacher Curl: 25lb DBx2x10

Basically a beach muscles workout, nothing too taxing. My lower body, especially glutes and upper hamstrings are very sore.

come on twhite i need to see a td, look like a tough game 17-6 halftime. #10 look like the real deal.

hey did #10 run the 400mh at baylor?

Yes he did. He also graduated early from HS to run the 400m hurdles and start spring football. He’s only a freshman, and he made some great plays in that WF game.

Don’t do shrugs mon. Tightens up the arms and you can’t relax when doing grass runs.

Hey twhite are you still starting, i see you now playing the inside wr position?

ya I’m still starting and I primarily work out of the slot

Damn your a big ass slot wr, how you like the new off?

Nice TD you had tonight Twhite. You always score on that seam route. Hoping to see you do that quite a bit this season.

#10 shouldnt be at bu and who is that big ass wr.

Robert Griffin is the real deal like you said. Which receiver are you talking about? David Gettis?

how much pre game static stretching do your team perform, curious bc i see so many college/pro athletes spending soo much time on static components.

Not much, maybe 5 minutes total. We rely more on PNF and AIS

Really, pnf before a game.

A little over and hour before kickoff, it really works well.

Kool, not sure if i would use pnf, but you dont have much of a choice if you want to play.

It’s not mandatory but most guys choose to have it done. I’ve been doing it for a few years now and I can attest to it’s effectiveness.

From Dr. Young:

I understand many athletes have suceeded with various types of stretching routines but the scientist in me looks at the growing evidence about the (at least acute) detrimental effects of stretching on high power output movements and it makes me very cautious of using too much flexibility training, especially prior to competitive efforts. Also, understanding the mechanical properties of the muscle complex makes it hard for me to concieve how static or traditional PNF could enhance performance when used just prior to performance. Having said that, I do think there are plenty of good uses for various flexibility routines and I use some form of flexibility training everyday. Like I said though, I’m cautious in using it before competitive efforts. However, I do agree with Carl that the method, timing, and intensity of the stretch are probably the most important factors in determining its effects.

You could do PNF stretches for any muscle…just learn the protocols (hold-relax, hold-relax-contract, etc.) and voila…you’ve got limitless combinations. It’s great for spasm as Phoenix mentioned, and is perhaps the fastest way to increase flexibility, and can also be used for strengthening. It should be noted though that the benefits of PNF (the neuromuscular trickery if you will) are also its downfall when using if for athletics. That is, it will deminish power output (at least in an acute sense) more than any of the other stretching protocols

Well it definitely works for me, keep in mind that I’m getting it done over an hour before kickoff and prior to the high intensity elements of our warmup.

Great play by your teammate, i believe number 1.