Try charlie training but dont work for me best what is wrong.

Ok last year i run 100m and 200m and triple jump. I was training on training plan of my coach. My PB is 11.19 on 100m and 22.30 on 200m. And last year indoor i ran 7.30 on 60m. This year i train like that on day 1 morning session 3X30m 3X50m 3x30m of jumps and some plyo than some core work. Evening session 5x5 squat,5x5 clean and 5x5 exercise for leg biceps and some core work.
Day 2 tempo work 7x200m around 31s and core with some special exercise.
Day3 3x150max with 5x5 bench and some 5x5 biceps gluteus work.
day4 technical sprint works and some tempo
day5 sometimes runs from 40 to 100 than same strenght like on day 1.
day6 some runs in hill :smiley:
day7 off
These i did 3 weeks 1 week some easy training than 3 weeks again. After that we go to preparation there i was realy fast. But after that we came home in first flyind 20m i ran personal best at 2.05 after that i well very tired and everything goes down. Before first competition i ran flying 30 on 3.25!!! reeeaaally bad. Ok in the end of the session i ran 7.15 that is my new personal best but i wished to run 7.00. Outdoor i have goal to run 10.80 but i dont want to fall down like i did in that winter. I will change only work on day3 i will go to longer distances because i want to run entry standard for canada moncton jwcc 21.54.

Do someone have any clue why i fell soo down after preparations. Was my CNS training too intesive or something?

Im 18 years old and have 186 cm and 81kg
Bench 90kg
Squat 130 5x5 i did not test that
Snatch 80 kg
Clean 110kg

This is your answer right here!
You run a great time, PB and then your nerves are fried, but your muscles feel good. You want to keep up the speed, you push hard, but run slower. Your energy drops.
All because you needed like 10days recovery (tempo and easy weights) after that 2.05 20m run. Thats like nearly 2wks.
It seems crazy, your a guy who wants to run FAST, but you need to Back it right off after lightning sessions like that. back off n cruise for a “long time”.

I believe Charlie said if you set a PR, move on to next drill. Usually, setting records drains CNS too much. Maybe ask Number 2 or Charlie their opinion?:slight_smile:

I understand what you say but is a little bit hard because i change a little bit of my coach training so i do some trainings on my own :smiley: How can i ask charlie for his opinion???
If i understand right if something like that happend again i will train easier and than explode again on competitions ?:smiley:
Do I must change something in my training base too?

Just ask on forums. He will usually answer with in a few days.

I asked :smiley: so i wait until he answer :smiley:

add some contrast showers. this will help with cns fatigue.

Agree. The showers are awesome, but that 1 min of cold water sucks. My business partner was training for Scout Camp combine 7 years ago and he would take 55 gallon trash can full of ice water and stand submerged above the waist for like 2-3 mins, then hot tub for the same. He would do 3-5 times through this and his legs felt energized every time.

Very smart lady. She trained for years in track. Super fit, knows her stuff.

You want to end with cold right? I think I’ve read that before. What’s the reasoning behind this?

start and end with cold. i always did these after and intense speed workout. ebsom salt baths on tempo days. hope this helps.

Well, anytime using cryotherapy, you vasoconstict on the surface and vasodilate in the deeper tissue. Heat does the opposite. By this constant constriction and dilation of vessels, you get a fairly rapid dispersal of waste materials that hinder recovery. This steepens the recovery curve. Other than feeling refreshed, I can’t really elucidate as to why end on cold. Perhaps other members might have some input?

cool the skin sensors last, retain heat feel cool.

As far as contrast training goes I always thought that you wanted to end on cold because your body is going to naturally open up the blood vessels again after you get out of the cold. Therefore, you get the benefit of one more ‘cycle’ of hot cold than you would have if you ended on heat. Thoughts anyone?

Sounds plausible. Certainly leaves you feeling refreshed