Training for Tryouts

Good luck man following your progress!

thanks!-------

sat aug 20

functional warm up
3 build ups
push-up start
weights (clean up to 175, snatch up to 135, squat up to 300, bench up to 155)
some ab work and pull-ups

notes:
-just getting used to a new weightroom and facilities, will do a LI/MI day monday then practices start wednesday
-saw testing times for kids on the team, only one kid was sub 3 for the fly and one frosh sub 4 for the 30. not sure of how the timing is because they seem pretty slow compared to their comp times, maybe the coach has peaking and stuff set up good or maybe im misunderstanding something, guess ill find out!

//youtu.be/83bL8xd53ww

//youtu.be/n6N9Cj4JUIg

//youtu.be/RkNXmj_8ua0

//youtu.be/TuMerKD0lFE

//youtu.be/C0IHBl8vsDc

//youtu.be/jFdbk0czFiQ

Gawd, I’d kill for those facilities … here in Buenos Aires there currently isn’t a SINGLE synthetic track where one can train on. Not even to mention there isn’t grass like that even on professional soccer pitches … must be heaven to do tempo on.

Your heel is now hitting your butt, looks good from here.

yeah, i consider myself lucky. my college’s facilities are even nicer :slight_smile:

thanks for checking the vids out!

sun aug 21

warm-up
3x3 snatch@115
3x3 pc@155
2x6 squat@225
2x10 core circuit

3 hill runs

mon aug 22

jogging (~1.5mi)
3x5 bench@165
3x5 pull-ups
1x10 upperbody circuit
2’ abs circuit

notes:
-tomorrow off, maybe self-massage and stretching, then practices start wednesday, woohoo!

tues aug 23

nothing today, team practices start tomorrow, progress updates ill post, other than that ill be posting a bit less i guess

wed aug 25

just a team meeting, did some jogging, push ups and crunches

thus aug 26

first day of practice, when testing occurs ill post again…

thurs sep 15

max testing

sit-ups in 50s -> 60
6x195,3x215 power clean; predicted max: 224,231
6x315 parallel squat; predicted max: 362
1x225 bench (fail at 3/4ths rep): predicted max: 220

notes:
-max testing to know what weight to use since weightroom is by sets and percentages. there is a max number of reps, but lifting the right percentage is more importnt if reps can’t be met
-testing was after some circuits and a short distance run
-pecs felt kinda sore going into benching and i was burnt after squats and cleans, i bet i couldve got 225 up fresh. i also think that since i tend to lift below chart reps, if i had thrown 325 on for testing i wouldve been closer to 375 predicted max for squat
-bw is 150

a couple notes:

-for percentages im using 225 as my 1rm for bench, 360 for squat and 220 for clean
-bw is marked down as 154, though i think if i weigh in itll actually be closer to 150

weigh in -> 149

notes:
-just thought this was cool http://cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=24359&path=mtrack pictures not up yet tho
-testing on wed and thurs next week
-started speed work this week, told to shorten first stride because i was going too big which was throwing off my balance and causing me to shorten the next couple strides

Nice! great work man–

saw the video of you jumping (as well as the others)

what is your vertical jump? 150BW + 375 max squat… ought to be pretty good?

i believe with an excellent jump i could scratch the 3 ft mark (7ft reach, 10ft rim). and the coach here says end goals to have are 2.5xbw squat and 1.7xbw clean so i’ll continue to have a priority on those until i test those marks (meaning if i stay at 150 look to squat 375 and clean 255). if i hit those in testing next week i’d be psyched but the day before is running testing and this past week was a HI week in general so not sure how fantastic the lifting numbers will be

10/5

sit-up test -> 68
30m standing -> 4.11,4.11,4.09
30m fly -> 3.50,3.58
500m -> 1:14

notes:
-sit-up test is how many in 60s
-30m standing was 40 yd dash timing style, handtimed at both ends
-pretty awful day all around for me. most guys all had very slow times so maybe some outside factor slowing everyone down. ran a very hard workout monday so may have effected me. left calf still so sore i was hobbling while walking (though felt better with warming up so i know its doms and not an injury). coming off a heavy weight lifting week. not sure why testing is setup now, haha. bit worried about staying on the roster from this, but if i have to talk to the coach i’ll let him know about the calf and my past experience with heavy weightlifting and sprinting (tend to be slower while lifting then huge improvement with unloading) and the fact that we havent done much specific speed work yet and my body tends to adapt very specifically to what i do
-weight lifting testing tomorrow, i’d like to hit 2.5x bw in squat and 1.7x in clean but after the running today not sure what type of shape my cns will be in

Don’t be so hard on yourself champion, your previous pb for 30m was 4.09 and I bet that was with blocks.