Training for Power and Strength in Speed E book

I purchased this E book about a week ago and haven’t been able to put it down, have probably read it about 3-4 times. It is filled with so much practical information that can be applied to sports but particularly sprinting. The information on the maintenance phase in strength training is clear and concise and worth the price alone for this book. At a cost of 9.99 it is one of the best buys on the web. I would just like to say thanks to Angela for making such an impressive resource available to the masses.
It would be interesting to hear others thoughts on this book.
Cheers.

I came across this interview about Ben Johnson’s Weight Training Program w/ Charlie Francis a few months back.

http://www.fitflex.com/ben-johnson-training.html

I believe it was with Joe Horrigan. I don’t know if this is the one from the Fitness Mag (Iron Man) from 1990 but it sure sounds like it.

Enjoy.

That’s the article Joe wrote for the June 1990 issue of Ironman. It came out the end of my senior year in high school. It was that article that led me to Charlie’s work. Six months later, Speed Trap was released.

From the end of the article:

Francis concluded our interview with advice to athletes and coaches, and it applies to all athletes: “If there is any degradation or deterioration in training, stop. If there is any doubt about one more rep or run, don’t do it. If you are trying to learn with reps, you won’t get it later if you haven’t already. Leave it and come back to it. For example, if I hear Ben’s feet hit heavier on the track, that’s enough. Top athletes need to be controlled from over-motivation. Don’t listen to just anybody. If you are left in doubt, don’t do it. The idea is to apply correct and appropriate training at the right time.”

Just a neat piece of trivia about the Ironman article, when I visited Charlie I noticed he had a framed copy of the article over his computer.