Track and field art

Not really sure what you mean? What other photo are you referring to?

I’m guessing the one from the comic.

I will never forget a conversation with a friend of mine who was an artist, I asked how can you look at something and just draw it? :confused: …his response summed things up…how can you not? :stuck_out_tongue:

Your work looks strong, perhaps it would also look great on a ceramic… like on an ornamental plate - as a meet trophy, a first prize that would be something unique, far better than another crystal vase.

Oh, in that case, Sigma is partly shy and mysterious, yes (Sigma is me :o ) She has a lot of hidden unexpected powers though :wink:

yeah, sounds like a handicap to me…! :slight_smile:

I love your idea, my coach is connected with the greek track people, maybe he can push my work at some point. :slight_smile:

far more interesting still life than a bowl of fruit:) great work there Stephanie

Thank you,
and I’m just wondering how many posts it takes for you to get the spelling of my name right :smiley:
I’ve almost reached 1000 :stuck_out_tongue: :o

nice one Stefano:o , err, Stefanie:)

Kitkat: soo annoyinggg :rolleyes: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Game Face

Now, I like this one. (I mean the very last photo of your face). This is more like it to me. It show a little bit of the “Hidden powers”. Ok I don’t want to be rude or anything. But now since I have found a photo I like I can now say that I really didn’t like any of the other photos at all…But this one is really good… (I’m talking about whats beyond the looks in the photo, I’m sure you understand) ;-p

Not offended at all. Art is so subjective… Whatever floats your boat :stuck_out_tongue:
I’d post another self portrait you’d probably like, but I don’t want to fall out of the “track and field art” topic… :rolleyes:

Wait till you see PJ’s drawings! Wow!

PJ, I’m waiting :cool: I hear you were in fine arts? :wink: (I minored in it, but my major was architecture)

I’m selling the original Yelena Painting at ebay. Please bid … :slight_smile:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESEX:IT&item=110233298316&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI

I like the pole vault one. I think its kind of trippy, like the vaulter is being pulled from all sorts of directions but keeps her form pretty well. Kind of like overcoming obstacles.

The “game face” one was a bit dark for my liking. Good job though. :).

Another picture-theft from KitKat’s posts :o
It’s great practice, and trackies here like them.

Wow, thats cool. I like the one of your face, the other baton exchange, and the angel (comic character) as well.

Thanks dr.sprint.

Great work there Stefanie. You captured the movement and the emotions of winner and losers very well. (and I love the exploding galaxy in the rightside sky:p )

Thanks. The whole composition was a request. Greeks are still reliving those moments… :stuck_out_tongue:
(haha, I would never have done it without your Sombrero Gallaxy influence, Kitkat :wink: )