Tony Holler World speed summit day 2

good stuff, not finished listening yet. WHo is the loser at 17:50 saying charlie never gave credit to bud or gerald…

Was it vern? Stu is a hater too.

4 days is all you need for a sprinter… 2 speed days on M/W and 2 “X” on T/Th factor days (depth jumps, hurdle hop, hurdle mobility, wts etc). Big focus on Max V!!! 4 days weights early on.

Sprint Specific Micro-Cycles
February (Pre-Season, Indoor Season)
Monday – speed drills and timed sprints of less than 5 seconds (flys, block starts, etc)
Tuesday – speed drills and x-factor (non-sprinting strength, explosion, and neurological training)
Wednesday – speed drills and timed sprints of less than 5 seconds
Thursday – speed drills and lactate workout (something like full speed 200, 8 min recovery, full speed 200)
Friday – no practice
Saturday – no practice
Sunday – no practice
Monday – speed drills and lactate workout
Tuesday – speed drills and x-factor
Wednesday – speed drills and timed sprints
Thursday – speed drills and fundamental work (hand-offs, block starts)
Friday – no practice
Saturday – indoor meet
Sunday – no practice
April (Competition Season)
Monday – full-team triangular meet (counts as lactate workout)
Tuesday – sprinter holiday, no practice
Wednesday – speed drills, x-factor
Thursday – speed drills, timed sprints
Friday – speed drills and fundamental work (hand-offs, block starts)
Saturday – Invitational
Sunday – no practice
Monday – full-team triangular meet
Tuesday – sprinter holiday, no practice
Wednesday – speed drills, x-factor
Thursday – speed drills, fundamental work
Friday – Invitational
Saturday – no practice
Sunday – no practice
May (Championship Season)
Monday – speed drills, lactate workout
Tuesday – speed drills, x-factor
Wednesday – speed drills, fundamental work
Thursday – Conference Meet
Friday – no practice
Saturday – no practice
Sunday – no practice
Monday – lactate workout
Tuesday – speed drills, x-factor
Wednesday – speed drills, fundamental work
Thursday – Sectional Meet
Friday – no practice
Saturday – no practice
Sunday – no practice

//youtu.be/Ly9xbtzn354

//youtu.be/e2DMP74EJqM

//youtu.be/sbTkJHndVso

Impressive.

Yes, it was him. The funny thing is, is that the White Sox brought in Charlie after they got rid of V. CF reviewed V’s program and couldn’t make heads or tails of it. Let it go already V!
Fact check. CF always gave credit. He wrote about all or most of his mistakes in speed trap as well.

Tnx for sharing link. It’s a good listen for sure.

DO EVERYTHING FAST – WITH ADEQUATE REST – don’t pull sleds, don’t push sleds, don’t wear ankle weights or weighted vests, don’t pull parachutes. Don’t trudge up hills. Always sprint with the wind. I like speed pulleys (in the past I used bungee cords). Slow running, tired running, and jogging teaches the sprinter bad habits.

http://itccca.com/4264/2013/03/the-nuts-and-bolts-of-speedtraining/

X-FACTOR
 Squat bounces (bounce in squat position for 20 seconds)
 Russian lunges (bounce in lunge position x3, then explode into air landing in new lunge position)
 “Triple Broad Jump” from standing position, two-footed or single leg, measured of course (record-rankpublish)
 Cat jumps (dropping off high places and landing firmly … “stick the landing” … in squat position …
progress to 180s and 360s (whatever force you can absorb, you can generate)
 Wall swings (fast with max ROM, grabbing some track on the back swing
 Hurdles over and under (first step over, second step under), over-over, and others
 Short hurdles at high speed & high knees (“wickets” … hurdles 1.9 meters (6’3”) apart … hands above
head or with up to 10-pound bar … I use “firring strips” now for my hurdles (cheap, easy, safe) … Cues
“knees high and speed high” … “big in the front, short in the back” … it’s all about front-side
mechanics!
 Core routines – stable core while body moves
 Miscellaneous … anything done at high intensity for 5 or 6 seconds followed by a full recovery would
fit into our X-factor workouts. Football agility work fits here. I tell our football coach … anything that
is not “grinding” is fine. Many football coaches are enamored with “agility” drills. This is fine as long
as quality is maintained. No grinding! BTW, our fastest guys are also the most agile … straight-line
speed is the best indicator for all explosive movement.
 If we ever have an x-factor day where our indoor track is 60% free of traffic, we may do 5 x 100, solo,
we use only inside lane single file, runners return in outer lanes. Cue: “Run like a sprinter” … all frontside mechanics. The goal is to run each one slightly faster than the one before. This is the only time we
run more than 40 yards during the winter. Cats don’t jog.

https://www.just-fly-sports.com/podcast-135-tony-holler/

yea that was. also, nice facility especially for highschool. Love to have had that in highschool.

Fucking hilarious.

Sounds like Stu blamed Charlie for the drug use in TF. Charlie was correct back then everyone was on it - things may be different today but Charlie was correct.

I’m taking a deeper look into his warmup/drills.

I dont know, I feel great after a good tempo session. Especially when I do a tempo the day before a speed session

Them ninjas still on something

What you think about the warmup drills? This stuff still seems to faddish to me - you remember how slow drob ran on this type of training?

“Muthafuckas love to warm up to warmup” Tony dees told me that last year. I do enough to get ready to run.

Can someone confirm this was the type of training Dallas Robinson did with Chris K?

Oh boy!!!

http://itccca.com/12114/2016/08/andre-de-grasse-stuart-mcmillan-and-sub-max-training/

Guess everyone knows he is the worst