Weekly Meterage

8/14/04
Week-8 Sunday

Workout: REALLY I"m runniing on monday

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

8/15/05
Week-9 Monday
Workout: 1 mile warmup, dynamics, 10 miles easy, stretches, cool shower.

Man today was a tough run. The “guys” wanted to chase the train, and I’d started late, so I was chasing them down the first half the run. And the last mile of the run my stumoch cramped or something and I had to keep messaging it and stopping etc. Oh well. I’m better now. Maybe in retrospect I should never eat Taco Bell within 48hours of any strenous activity.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

Edit: It’s midnight now, and my foot is pretty sore. Not my arch, so much, but my ankle, the top off my foot. The whole danm piece of machinery isn’t workin’ right. I need new shoes. I’m going to do a quick Milage compilation to find out HOW many miles I have on these bad boys

8 Week Summary
Week-1 38.5km Longest Run 16km
Week-2 50km LR=16km
Week-3 56.3km LR=16km
Week-4 88.4km LR=19.2km
Week-5 76.5km LR=22.5km
Week-6 84.1km LR=24.1km
Week-7 63.5km LR=19.2km
Week-8 5km LR=5km (BOO!)
Week-9 17.6km (so far)

Anyway… what does that all mean? I HAVE 300 MOTHERPOCKING MILES ON MY SHOES!!! NO WONDER MY FEET HURT. SHEEYIIIIT!

8/16/05
Week-9 Tuesday
Workout: 2 mile jog

My stomuch was smarting pretty good today. It was difficult to do more than a slow jog. The faster I went the more pronounced the pain got, so I just stopped.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

8/17/05
Week-9 Wedsnday (FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!)

Workout: 50pushups (late to practice), 1mile warmup, dynamics, 3xHill circuits (3x30m hill +~300m cross country loop), 4 mile cooldown (slow)

After the third hill circuit my gut started to act up, so I just went for a slow run. Not a jog like yesterday, but it was a very easy run, nonetheless.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

8/18/05
Week-9 Thursday
Workout: 5 miles easy, jog, with intermitent stretches

My gut didn’t give me any sharp pains, but that was mainly because I stopped and stretched every time it started to build up.

Workout meterage
Weekly Meterage

8/19/05
Week-9 Friday
Workout: 4 easy miles, x2 ankle rolls.

I’m going to consider ditching my inserts, they raise me up by 1/2 inch and increase the chance of me gettin’ a severe roll, (Like today).

Workout Meterage
Weekly meterage

I had the exact same problem!
Use the inserts only if it’s absolutely necessary! I reckon it’s worth considering their progressive removal, give your body some time and see how it goes.

If you can’t afford doing this, perhaps you should do your best with sticking to balancing exercises initially for strengthening the area and to flat and dry surfaces.

Believe me, the more it happens and the less time you spend on fixing it properly, the more serious each twisting becomes, even while walking on uneven surfaces; at least this has been my experience, try not to copy me!! :wink:

Take care!

PS if you need more details on such a rehabilitation, let me know!

8/20/05
Week-9 Saturday
My sister got married! And I saw my girl again today. We saw Valiant and went to the beach. Santa Cruz for the waves, Monterey for the wildlife.

Workout Meterage
Weekly meterag

8/21/05
week-9 Sunday
Workout nada

Workout Meterage
Weekly meterage

8/22/05
Week-10 Monday
AM: 3 easy miles and cool shower.

Very easy, the workout. Waking up almost an hour earlier than normal is a PITA!

PM: 1600m warmup, dynamics, 4:00/3:00 Fartlekx4, 2 mile cooldown

4:00 work phase was pretty tough. At first the pace was pedestrian, but the last 2sets I hit at 5:20 pace pretty comfortably, barring the fact that my lunch caught up to me on the 4th rep. It was hard to run. I then did a nice cooldown.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

Edit: I HATE NIKE! Or at least their shorts. My balls are sorer than… a really gotesque and innaprorpiate metaphore!

8/23/05
Week-10 Tuesday
AM: Off

Man, did I appreciate that extra 40 minutes of sleep. I’m training every other day in the mornings.

PM: Workout: 1000m, warmup, dynamics (quick) 7 miles , stretches, 2xX-men.

today’s workout was supposed to be easy, but I went fairly fast. Like TOO fast. I pushed the hills and anything else I felt like pushing. We did the workout in 48:10-48:30. Which is VERY Fast for a 7 mile run.

Workout meterage
Weekly Meterage

PM:

8/24/05
Week-10 Wedsnday
AM: 3 miles easy.

The WAY My gut is hurting is now backwards. It is pretty good hurt at first, and then it fades completely, until the very end, where it just hurts a little.

PM: 1 mile workout, 2xDynamics(we… messed… around) 5xHill circuits, 2 mile cooldown

My stomuch cramped after my run. Turns out if if you run twice a day, you need to drink a LOT more water than normal.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

8/25/05
Week-10 Thursday
AM: Sleep!! GLORIOUS SLEEP!

PM: 8 miles easy

Yup, I actually did an “easy” run today. Halelujah! (I ran in the fields)

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

My coach suggested that I do my double days on easy runs. I however, want to keep my easy days sacred. As in, less than 10miles and EASY no matter what. This does mean that I will be doing between 11-13 miles on my hard days with a 15-17 mile long run on Fridays (I’m only going 14.5 tommorrow). Thoughts?

Are we talking here about continuous runs only, or interval sessions as well?

How many are these hard sessions/days per week at the moment?

Well my week is looking like this.

Mon: 9-11 miles (LSD) Tues:Easy 6-8 miles

Wed: Hills/intervals->4k-6kM,Cooldown 3.2k-4k

Thur: 6-7 easy Fri: 13-16 miles

Sat:5-7 Sun: 5-7

Now Monday, wednesday and Friday are the “harder” workouts of the week. With monday being the easiest of the 3, followed by wednesdy, and friday being the emphasis. Wednsday’s workout (intervals) is going to be increasing in importance as we go deeper into september.

I’m thinking about doing 4 miles on Monday and Wednesday. I think that I want to keep the milage on my easy days as low as possible. Coach suggested I go 4 miles on tuesday and thursday.

8/26/05
Week-10 Friday
AM: (You betchya, sleep)

PM:13 miles easy.

I went and ran in the fields today with my two buddies. We didn’t think we were going to come back anywhere near as fast as we went out. But we went out in 47:60, and came back by 1:35. So we did good/well =)

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

8/27/05
week-10 Saturday
AM: 1.5 mile warmup, dynamics, stretches, 6x.9mile hill circuits, 1.5mile cooldown, pancakes

MMmm… pancakes. I ran well the first 5 hill circuits. I creamed all the other varsity runners. (Let’s hear it for running on hills 90% of the time during the summer!!) We did the first 2 at steady state pace, the next 2 at tempo pace, and the last 2 at race pace or as fast as we could manage. Our time progression looked like 6:20, 6:25, 5:25, 5:45, 5:00, 4:50/5:10 (I got a stumoch cramp so I had to stop at the top of the second hill and stretch it a bit, so I was behind the pack sigh. The hilly runs I did during the summer really made my ‘hill-muscles’ super-duper tough. My legs weren’t tired at ALL during the entire workout… okay, maybe at the top of the last hill during the 6th circuit.

Workout Meterage
Weekly Meterage

Sorry for the delay!
I think I would go with your option for the reasons you’ve described. At least with the current schedule. Also, some morning running before intervals might work well. The reverse (i.e, intervals and double sessions the following day) might be hard. Exception to this (i.e., double sessions) might be the Friday’s session, i.e., a single session would be preferred; I think you agree on this anyway.

Q: if your session on Friday is your “main” focus for this phase, why doing it on Friday and that late in the week? Or it doesn’t matter to you? Obviously it works ok with you, just asking…
Thanks!